XXXIII • CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

thirty-three. catch me if you can

Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan and Rosie's Bedroom

As Stefan is in the middle of a warm shower in his own spacious bathroom under the four shower heads, Rosie walks into their connecting bedroom. She stops and turns around to find Rebekah reading her diary on their bed.

The young hybrid clears her throat, "Hey, I know you were daggered for a little while, but uh, knocking and invasion of privacy are still a thing."

"So is writing in your diary, apparently, just like your boyfriend. I'm just checking for doubts. You can never be too cautious when it comes to love. One minute, you begged me to compel Damon and Elena from your mind, and the next, I'm up coffin creek with a dagger in my back." Betrayals.

A small smile shows up on Rosie's lovely face at that, "In your front, to be specific. Right. Well, you can read it all you want. Just don't bring them up." The caramel brunette walks over to the closet to prepare her lover's clothes, remaining to have no recollection of memories about Damon and Elena.

The icy blonde turns a page, "How do you feel about them?" Rosie doesn't answer and continues to prepare a shirt of the day for her boyfriend; she looks up at her, "Hey, I'm talking to you." Rebekah closes the journal shut.

"Oh, I know you are. It's just that, I have nothing to say about those two strangers and what role which they play in my century-long life."

The Original gets up from the big queen-sized bed, rather pleased that her compulsion works really well, considering she's always the much stronger one, "Look, we're at a bit of a disadvantage in this whole race for the cure. Team Klaus has Jeremy the hunter, team Shane has Bonnie the witch--"

"If you're here to remind me of our last place status, I'm very well aware."

"Actually I have a plan. The cure is buried with Silas, that ancient evil guy my brother Kol is afraid of. Shane was so eager to prove his existence that he gave away that he has one of the keys to resurrecting him, his headstone." Rebekah referred to the exact large headstone shown at the Occult exhibit with the label 'Silas' at the local high school which Shane gave a lecture on.

If Kol Mikaelson, a revered Original vampire, is frightened of Silas, a powerful witch, then he must have been over one thousand years old more.

"I see. You want to steal it." The young hybrid effortlessly recognised.

"Yes, and then Team Shane will have to join Team Rebekah, and Team Klaus will be left out in the cold where he belongs." Rebekah coldly finished off as Klaus' side consists of Jeremy, Damon, Elena and now even Matt as well to grow the tattoo of the hunter's mark by letting the reawakened new hunter murder more vampires to reveal the map, which will lead them to the cure.