XXX • WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE BOURBON STREET

thirty. we'll always have bourbon street

Rosie Kartwright's Residence/Forbes Residence

"This is a disaster!" The blonde Forbes girl complained the brand new information from the other end of the line via the speakerphone call; Elena Gilbert, now as a vampire who isn't herself anymore, is sired to Damon Salvatore-- which means she's loyal to him. She would do everything he says, she lives to serve him; much like how Klaus' hybrids were sired to their master, with the feeling as if they owe him that much for saving their lives. Although how is Elena even sired to Damon, apart from his blood which turned her into a vampire? If she's sired, then why isn't Damon sired to Katherine, considering her blood is the one that turned him in the first place? It doesn't really make sense at this point, though it's raw and real.

"No, don't jump to conclusions. Look, we don't know anything for sure." Rosie advised the freaked-out young vampire from the other end of the line as she's standing in front of the unlit fireplace in her own parlor room when her boyfriend, who remains under the same roof with her since the previous night, walks in for the early morning and leaves a sweet kiss on her cheek, which makes her smile pleasantly at his presence, "I was just assuming."

"Well, your assumptions are usually right, so I doubt that you're just assuming. Elena is sired to Damon! Which means her one singular burning desire is to make him happy, just like Klaus and his hybrids!" Caroline said, honestly disgusted by the idea that Elena's purpose is now to please Damon, her sire who she thinks she owes him this much to be loyal to him; to serve him, to defend him. That doesn't sound like Elena and Damon at all. Their relationship changed in a blink of an eye since she turned into a vampire and it's unbelievable, sad at the same time to lose the old Elena. Now it seems that Damon is her master, who she should serve and please.

"Yeah? So then why isn't Damon sired to Katherine when he turned? It doesn't make any sense." Rosie shakes her head a little, "A vampire sired to another vampire is one in a million. Maybe it won't affect her the same way."

"Or maybe this is a one in a million situation." Stefan piped in with a smile.

"Yeah, we already know it's affecting her. She's become Damon's lapdog. It's true! Everything he says, she agrees with. Everything he asks her to do...she does. We need to do something. We can't just leave her like this. She doesn't even know about it yet. I'll call her." Caroline rambled on.

"Wait, no, hold on, Caroline." Rosie stops her from dialing their best friend, "No, this isn't gossip. You can't just drop this on her before we know what's happening for sure. Let's put our heads together and think first, please?" They need to know if it's possible and her boyfriend certainly agrees with it.

"I need to talk to Tyler, okay? Maybe he'll know what to do." Considering he, with the aid of his friend Hayley, managed to break the sire bond for her.