5: First aid

"(Y/n) I suggest you come with me to get cleaned up." Judd stated calmly, he'd been on my heels ever since I left school.
"And why the fuck would I come with you?" I stopped walking and turned around, he was only a couple of steps behind me so he stopped as well.
"Ok fine go home, the fuck do I care. Let Shannon see you how you are now, let her worry." That caught my attention. I deeply sighed, acknowledging that he was only trying to help.
"Alright I'm sorry. Where are we going?" I gave up on my tough guy act and let him do what he was trying to do.
"My place." He stated and began to lead the way. He assured me that it wasn't too long of a walk as we started to get concerned looks from passers-by. I lowered my head a little, wiping the blood that was started to trickle out of my nose.

When we arrived to his house my face dropped, it was the same house I had taken refuge under for those two seconds before blondie had opened the door. He noticed my concerned expression and furrowed his eyebrows. "What?" His eyes lingered on my face.
"Oh nothing." I told him and watched him pull out his house keys and open the front door. The inside felt cosy and was extremely family oriented- I saw photos of his family everywhere, it was like they were all staring at me.

He led me to the bathroom, which looked too clean. I sat down on the toilet seat and watched him grab a couple of things out of the cupboard. "Why are you helping me?" I asked, honestly curious as why he was going to such an extent- the last place I thought I'd be today when I woke up would be Judd Birch's house.

He didn't reply, instead he lifted my chin up to look at him. For some dumb reason I felt butterflies in my stomach. He began to dab antiseptic cream on the small cuts on my cheekbones and forehead. I winced because it stung a little, to which he grunted and smirked- he was enjoying seeing me weak. I wasn't used to our faces being so close and I couldn't tell if I was uncomfortable or not. He sighed and I felt his warmth breath all over my face.

I smiled cheekily and winced immediately as I had also acquired a busted lip from my little scrap. He traced his thumb across my lower lip, examining the cut. "You bashed Steph's face in but she did get in a few good hits." He stated, frowning briefly and then proceeded to make eye contact with me, expecting a cocky reply. I just shrugged and examined his for a moment, he was attractive I had to admit but I'd never tell anyone I thought that. He dabbed away some blood from my lip and nodded, proud of how he had sorted me out.
"T-Thanks, I'm sorry for beating up your girlfriend."
"Woah, who told you she was my girlfriend?" He replied rather quickly, I widened my eyes and began to stumble over my words.
"I-I just assumed, b-because you w-we're holding h-hands." I finally managed to spit out a sentence and nervously looked at his face again.

"No I don't do girlfriends. Steph is more of a friend- anyways shut up." It looked like he was finally opening up but he shut me out once again. I smiled lightly and nodded, understanding. Judd looked at me for a moment but his gaze snapped to the door, as if he heard a noise.
"Ah fuck." I said, looking down at my clothes which had blood smears on them.
"You need a change of clothes." His eyes were still on the door. As if someone was going to come barging in. I took a deep breath in and stood up, brushing the bits of gravel off of my stockings and adjusting the suspenders a little.
"I'll be fine, I should probably get going home- Shannon will be wondering where I am."
"She'll see the blood and ask questions."
"Why do you care so much? I thought you hated me."
"I don't hate you?" His face contorted in a confused but hurt expression. I raised an eyebrow, surprised.

Judd then walked to the door of the bathroom and signalled for me to follow him. I hesitated but then gave up, there was no point arguing with him. He walked to what looked like his room, there was tape across the door, 'do not enter' I read. He opened it and showed me in, it was lit dimly by a couple of lamps which were dotted around the room. I eyed his poster of the weed plant and chuckled. "What?" He said as he wondered to his wardrobe, opening it up and rummaging through his clothes.

I pulled off my bloody shirt just as he turned around, I didn't care much about privacy in terms of my body. Plus, I knew Judd didn't want to look at it anyways.
"Woah, wait until I've given the clothes before stripping." He always had the same monotone voice, barely a sliver of emotion. I shrugged and grabbed the shirt that he was handing me.
"Thanks."
"I want that back tomorrow."
"Yeah obviously." I replied, putting it on and tucking it into my skirt and belt. He watched me the whole time.

The knock at his door interrupted the silence and made him groan. "Judd can you go buy me some wine for tonight please!" I recognized that as blondies voice. She began to open the door and I quickly hid under the bed. Ignoring Judd's confused expression, I looked at his face and saw how it fell as if he'd realized something. Blondie hadn't noticed I was there luckily, she stood in the doorway with her hand on her hip whilst talking to him.
"Okay what do I get in return."
"I'll give you extra money so you can get yourself something."
"Done." He said and extended his hand, she smiled and placed the dollar bills in his hand. She rolled her eyes and walked away.

Judd firmly closed the door behind him and turned to the direction of the bed. I sighed, relieved that she hadn't seen me. "What was that about?"
"What do you mean?" I said after coming out from under the bed, brushing off the dust that had attached itself to my clothes.
"Why did you hide under my bed?"
"Oh me and blondie aren't on good terms."
"You mean Leah? She's my sister and I doubt she'd be a bitch to you around me."
"D-Doesn't matter. I really should get going Judd."
"I'll drive you home on my way to get the wine. 'Blondies' having a party with all her annoying drama friends- you should come."
"I-"
"Ok I'll see you there baby." He didn't even let me reply, I guess it would be fun and it would give me an excuse to dress nice.
"Okayyyy...should we leave so I can go and get ready then?" I walked out of his room, he followed me.
"Yeah sure, their dumb party starts at 9, I'll be upstairs, or in the walls, or in the ventilation." He didn't sound like he was joking but I let out a little laugh anyways just in case he was. I thought for a split second I had seen in my peripheral vision that he had smiled but I must've been imagining it because he looked dead serious when I turned to face him.

His car was nice but it stunk of weed, not that I was complaining. He drove me very quickly back to Shannon's house and dropped me off before speeding off into the distance. I blinked a couple time and even slapped myself to see if I was dreaming, which maybe I shouldn't have done because I hit on off the cuts on my face making me wince from the pain.

I opened the door with my own key, that Shannon had given me yesterday, but to my surprise there was no one home. I called out to see if anyone was perhaps in their room but no such luck. It was nice though because I didn't have to talk to anyone about what happened and I could leave to go to the party easily. The floorboards creaked eerily as I made my way towards my room to get myself ready but I payed no attention to them.