31: unwanted guest

Tw: mentions abuse and trauma so please just skip to the next chapter if that triggers you in any way, I'll make sure you don't miss anything 💗

"Dad?" I swallowed back the lump that had formed in my throat. He smirked and reached for my shoulder, I flinched and took a step back bumping into Shannon who was standing behind me protectively.

"Don't be so cold, didn't you miss your father?" His voice was vile and I wanted to smack that smirk off his face. My heart was still beating erratically, I wanted to turn around and run away but my legs felt like they were about to collapse.

The atmosphere had become uncomfortable, I couldn't believe what was happening- I refused to believe that he was standing in front of me and behaving like he had the right to speak to me that way after abandoning me.

"Get the fuck away from me." I spat, finally reacting after the adrenaline had hit and I was able to move. His face contorted into an angry expression that made my trauma resurface, it was exactly the same fact he'd pull when he would hit me. I knew that he couldn't do anything though because Shannon was there and it would just put him in more trouble.

Jessi moved beside me and took my hand in hers, in a gesture to show that she was there to support me. "How about we go inside, I'm sure (Y/n)'s very tired from her long flight."
"Yes Shannon you're right." He replied, walking slowly back into the house. I bit my lip and picked up the things that had fallen onto the ground, quickly shoving them into the purse before following him.

My mind was currently flooding with questions as to why he could possibly be here, he didn't have any right to come and visit.
Maybe he wanted to just visit me?
No that's impossible, I knew that my face only reminded him of my mother, it was the one thing that made him hate me more than anything in this world. To him my face was the one reminder that his wife was no longer by his side.

"Why are you here?" I stammered, looking at him dead in the eye, not flinching anymore. He looked unimpressed as he took a place on the sofa.

I cautiously opened the door to the kitchen, desperately hungry for food. I hadn't eaten for days and it had come to the point that I was willing to beg for anything. I had basically only been drinking water from the kitchen sink to have the smallest bit of sustenance.

The back of his head was the only thing I could see as he sat in front of the Tv blasting the same old dumb show that him and my mom used to watch together.

Without making a sound I tip toed to the fridge and opened it to see that there was a packet of ham that I could sneak out and eat in my room. Hunger overtook me and I grabbed it.
"What do you think you're doing?" His voice came from behind making me jump and all my hairs stand on end.

"You need to leave!" I shouted at him angrily, his head snapped back around to look at me. I was breathing heavily with a pan in my hand that I had grabbed out of fury. He hadn't replied to my question as to why he was here so I had completely lost it.
"(Y/n)!" Shannon shouted as I my father stood up and started making his way towards me.

Everything felt like it was going quickly, he grabbed the arm where I was holding the pan and squeezed it until I let go and it fell to the floor. It felt like I was reliving my trauma and I began screaming and kicking as if my life depended on it.

Shannon and Jessi stood there with their feet planted on the floor. I just wanted to make everything stop and for him to disappear from my sight.

My father began to raise his hand as if to hit me and I closed my eyes firmly shut, wanting to disassociate for a moment and not have to be aware of what was happening.

When his hand didn't strike me I looked up and saw that someone was holding it back firmly. My eyes widened to see the mass of black hair with blue tips that was now standing in front of me protectively.

"If you don't get out of my fucking sight I'll kill you." Judds voice came out as a growl and was probably the angriest tone I'd heard from him yet.