39: Iona's resolve

-Iona's Pov-

I was returning from the vending machines with my hands full of the junk that those hags had asked me to buy. Just as I was about to turn the corner into the corridor where our dorm room was I heard giggling and the sound of July's voice nearing closer. I quickly hid in the first room I could find, praying that there would be no one in there. I listened to their voices pass by the door but then heard a low grumble erupt from behind me. 
"What are you doing in here?" I instantly recognised it to be Judd Birch and swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. 
"I-Urm Bye!" I stuttered and reached for the door, I didn't manage to get there though because a hand grabbed me and pulled me back.
"Weren't you one of the girls that took (Y/n)?" I could tell he wasn't too happy but I decided to suck it up and explain the situation. 
"We're just putting on some makeup and trying to get her included in the group. I was just out getting snacks for the girls," I lifted up my arms to show him the snacks I was holding, "I was just going back to the girls now." 

He seemed somewhat calmer and let go of the grip on my arm, I thanked him for some reason and walked out of the room. It was when the door shut that I realised that my hands were shaking violently, I was the type to get easily agitated. Pulling myself together, I walked down the corridor just to see Flo standing in front of the door as if she were guarding it. I furrowed my eyebrows and approached her, gently handing her the snack that she had asked me to get her. She thanked me with a bittersweet smile and then told me I couldn't enter, I frowned and asked her why but she wouldn't give me a clear answer. 
"Go and help the other girls to set up downstairs." She snapped, frightening me. Flo was usually the sweet one in the group that always looked out for the other girls, so seeing her get angry at me was really weird. I nodded and proceeded to head downstairs. 

A few hours passed and the party was in full swing, but there was no sign of (Y/n) anywhere. I walked over and grabbed a drink just to see Tabitha talking to Judd, I knew that she wanted to get together with him- she just didn't want to accept that he had a girlfriend, even worse, she thought she could steal Judd from (Y/n). The fact that he was actually talking to Tabitha stirred an anger with me and I decided to walk over and eavesdrop on their conversation. 
"Where is she?" Judd asked Tabitha angrily. 
"She's with the other girls finishing getting ready." 
"I'm going to call her."
"No there's really no need, grab a drink and I'll get July to go fetch her, she's currently with Flo choosing a dress." I could tell instantly tell that she was lying, because Florence was talking to a boy across the room. 

I began to walk towards the door but July blocked my path, trying to engage in some sort of conversation with me. I placed a confused expression on my face and told July to move aside, that took all the courage I had left in me. With a disgusted face July moved and I scuttled out of the room that was booming with loud music. 

It was a lot quieter in the corridors as I began to get further away from the party, all I could hear now was the faint echoes of the music as I walked up the stairs. I was quite curious as to why (Y/n) hadn't come to the party, considering the girls had spent so much time doing her makeup and choosing out her clothes. Maybe she just wasn't feeling it? 

I reached the door and my eyes suddenly widened. The door was locked. I couldn't believe my eyes, my heart began beating faster and I instantly unlocked the door, revealing the girl I had met earlier curled up on the floor. I couldn't believe the girls had actually done this, I was completely in shock. "(Y/n)!" I cried out, rushing by her side. Her head instantly snapped up, but she had a sort of dead look in her eyes. When she saw me it seemed like life was flooding back into her and she grabbed me, pulling me into an embrace. I could feel her shaking as I held her, it was odd to see her like this because she was the girl that everyone couldn't touch. I had seen the video of her fight with Stephanie and after that I had become completely terrified of her- that was until I met her today and she defended me.  

"T-Thank you Iona." She stuttered, not letting go of me. I patted her back, I was the one that had to be strong right now. I had to do something to help out (Y/n). My legs were wobbly but I managed to help (Y/n) get back on her feet. She finally let go of me and began to run around the room with a crazed expression on her face. 

All I could hear her muttering was 'stupid bitches' under her breath, then she started grabbing the hem of her dress and began to rip it. "(Y/n)- w-what-" 
"I'd rather walk around naked than wear this bitches dress." She replied, cutting me off and then suddenly ripping the whole dress in two. I immediately jumped into action and grabbed one of my large shirts and chucked it at her to put on. She looked at me with warm kind eyes and thanked me, I nodded and she grabbed the ripped dress and stormed out of the room. 

My heart was beating quickly again as the adrenaline rushed through me, but I was glad I met this girl.