17: pool party

The journey wasn't that long luckily but when I arrived I could hear the music blaring, just like the first night I had kissed Judd. A wave of nostalgia washed over me but I ignored it and plastered a smile on my face.

Before I had realised it, I had knocked on the door. Leah opened the door with a smile on her face, even though we had never really gotten along she gave me a warm smile and told me to come through. "Will Judd be coming round?" She asked sweetly as we wandered into the back yard, her kitchen was packed with half drunk teenagers even thought it was 1 in the afternoon.
"I don't think so, he said he wasn't up for partying."
"But you are!" She squealed, I realised in that moment that Leah actually wasn't half bad. I shot her a weak smile and she led me to the bathroom where I could get changed.

She was already in her bikini but had a towel wrapped around her waist. I felt a little self conscious after looking at her but I shrugged off the feeling and undressed quickly. When I walked out of the bathroom she was standing there waiting for me, it looked like she really wanted to ask me something. Calm and collectedly I turned to face her and said, "everything ok?" I tried to put as much emotion into it as possible so it sounded like I was genuinely concerned. Her head flickered in my direction instantly when I spoke, she smiled and nodded.
"So what's going on with you and Judd?" She gave me a little smirk. I blushed and suddenly had an urge to be with him cuddled up watching a film, but it was my choice to be here so I swallowed hard and gave her a nervous smile.
"Uhhh we-"
"Cus he literally talks about you non stop, to Nick though- I only hear about you when Nick blabbers. Anyways I really wanted to meet you and become somewhat good friends." I frowned for a split second then smiled genuinely.

"I'm sad I can't take you out to nightclubs when you're older, oh it's not cool to go with your mum anyways- you go with your friends." Mum barely finished the sentence she was so weak, she let out a little cough at the end and her eyes rolled back, I let out a frightened scream and nurses came in and pulled me out.
"I won't have any friends mommy..." I mumbled as they dragged me away from her room.

"Let's go get drunk!" Leah squealed and I gave her a grin, I couldn't wait to party all of a sudden. When we arrived in the kitchen I unwrapped the towel from around my torso and Leah cheered with two cups in her hand. We walked out into the back garden where the pool was and I took in the sight before me. There were people lying on the outside just relaxing and chatting whilst others were dancing and partying. There were only like two people in the pool so I downed my drink and decided to dive in.

Leah slid in after me and we stayed at the side of the pool, just chatting about everything but nothing at the same time. "I'll go fill up our cups!" I said when I noticed there was nothing in our cups. She handed me her cup and told me what she wanted and I nodded smiling.

When I got to the drinks table I filled up our cups and took a look around at my surroundings, there was a couple making out on the sofa, a group of people dancing and then a separate group with wine glasses? Didn't know this was a fancy occasion but each to their own, I thought to myself and plodded back outside.

To my surprise Leah wasn't there, so I walked around a bit and decided to look around the house a little. I wandered upstairs and let out a frustrated groan, just as I turned around to go back downstairs someone blocked my path, they weren't that much taller than me and had brown short hair. "Hey girl, what you doing up here by yourself?" I raised an eyebrow in an unimpressed manner.
"Trying to find Leah, now can I get through please?"
"Nah stayyy a little, let's have some fun, there's no one here." He slurred his words which indicated to me how drunk he was, I could smell the alcohol from where I was as well. I wrinkled my nose in disgust, then got angry because when I tried to push past him he simply shoved me back.
"What the fuck, get outta my face asshole!" I slapped his face with my hand as hard as I could, this did nothing other than piss him off further.

My breathing became more rapid and I tried to stay calm in some way, I could feel my eyes watering up. He took a step closer and tried to angrily grope me, I used my hands to push him away and began telling him to get away from me rather loudly. He didn't listen though and I suddenly couldn't breath, yet I still managed to scream out for him to not touch me.

His eyes glazed over with rage and he slammed his hand over my mouth, I began screaming at the top of my voice and tears leaked out of my eyes and onto his hand, I wanted it all to stop and for him to get away from me. My legs started to try to kick him but they were weak and that's when the panic attack overwhelmed me, but the adrenaline kept my blood pumping faster and faster.

Just as he was about to reach for my bra I felt rattling, as if someone was stomping up the stairs. I closed my eyes and carried on screaming for help, even though it was muffled.

"Get your fucking hands off my girlfriend ."