22: trust

"Boo." Judd whispered in my ear as he came up behind me in the school corridor. I spun around and placed a chasté kiss on his lips and he rolled his eyes, trying not to smile. I had maths class next so Judd walked me to class like a proper gentleman.
"Am I seeing you after school?" I turned to face him with a warm smile on my face, he nodded but then added,
"Go straight to mine, I've got detention for a couple hours."

The maths teacher called for me to get into class, so Judd kissed my cheek and walked off. The class was quiet as I entered, almost as if something was off. There was one girl in this class that would constantly try to piss me off, I don't know if she did it intentionally or if it was just her personality but it was torture to talk to her. Today though she stayed quiet which was strange, usually she'd make a rude comment about how I was dressed, instead there was a smirk placed on her lips.

"What've you got to smirk about bitch." I seethed through my teeth. She flipped her strawberry blonde hair over her annoying little shoulder and shrugged. I knew she wanted to say something by the way she'd constantly flicker her eyes in my direction. "C'mon spit it out Anna."

In a blink of an eye she had her phone shoved in my face,  "Is this your boyfriend?" She asked with a forcefully high voice, I focused on the image just to see Judd pressing a girl up against a wall, he had a smirk on his face and looked like he was leaning in to make out with her.

But the girl wasn't me.

Suddenly it felt like all the wind had been knocked out of me, as if someone had hit me in the throat and stomach. What was this photo? When was it taken? Why?  were only a few of the questions that were flooding into my head in that exact moment. I looked at the photo again just to make sure that it was someone that looked like him. To make things even worse, Anna went to the next photo onher phone which showed them him. "W-When was this-"
"Yesterday, whilst you were in maths." She answered too quickly for my liking.

I couldn't breathe. Her words felt like daggers plunging into my chest. "Fuck y-y-you Anna." I managed to say, the classroom suddenly became silent, all eyes were on us. Even the professor wasn't talking, I bit my lip so hard to hold back the tears that I split it open.
"Can someone accompany (Y/n) to the nurses office?" The professor finally broke the veil of silence, a boy from the first row stood up and walked up to me. I felt bad for him because he was just trying to be friendly but I pushed him away.
"Get the fuck away from me." I growled, he completely froze up and backed away from me, I realised how my tone sounded exactly how Judd would say it and I quickly gathered my stuff and stormed out of the classroom. My head began spinning, I didn't know what to think let alone what to say. I just wanted to go home.

Staggering, I walked out the front entrance, rethinking about that photo made me physically ill. I think I fainted because the next thing I knew I was in someones arms. I focused my eyesight just to see the boy that I had been rude to carrying me away from the school. "Hey, I saw you about to fall so I decided to help you out."
"Thank you...sorry, who are you?"
"I'm Julian, Why are you so upset?" He asked, peering at my face as he set me back down on my two feet.

I explained to him what had happened in class, he looked in deep thought but then rolled his eyes and chuckled. "What's so fucking funny to you?"
"That photo's from absolutely fucking agessss ago, you really shouldn't believe Anna. She really hates you and got her hands on that photo last week, I heard her talk about how she wanted to use it to break you and Judd up, she's quite jealous of you yano? Alot of girls are actually..."

A tsunami of embarrassment crashed into me, I can't believe the scene I just made was over an old photo. Yet I was immensely thankful for the beaming chestnut haired boy infront of me. I pulled him in for a hug and cried away the tension. He embraced me and patted my head as I sobbed, in a way I felt bad for him as his coat was getting all wet but he didn't seem to care.
"Hey, don't worry Anna's pretty harsh on everyone, she told everyone that I was gay."
"Are you?-"
"Yes. But I wanted to tell people my own way, now I can't do a coming out." He pouted but then chuckled, as if to lighten the situation a little.

"I'm really sorry about that." I said sincerely, looking up at him after we finished embracing. We continued talking for a fair amount of time, until we heard the bell ring for the end of class. Immediately I felt a looming presence behind me, I turned around to see Judd glaring at Julian, I smiled so widely I thought I'd end up with a chelsea grin. My next move to exitedly jump up into Judd's arms.

"I missed you." I whispered into his ear.