Chapter 7

"JAMES WAKE THE FUCK UP," Sirius stripped the blankets off the large bed, disturbing the dark-haired boy into consciousness.

"Wha..who-wherezafire-" James spluttered, sitting up in his boxers and t-shirt, his thick black hair sticking up at awkward angles.

Sirius shoved James's glasses onto his face.

"What... what's happen..." James stifled a yawn, adjusting his glasses so that they were sitting on his face. He squinted at the blurry figure in front of him. "Sirius, mate?"

"The one and only. Now get the hell up, you need to help me get ready!" Sirius jumped onto the bed, kicked James onto the floor flat on his face.

Groaning, James sat up, blinking heavily. "How... did you get in?"

"Your parents let me in," he explained briefly, throwing clothes at James. "Now hide that bulge I see in front of me before Lily gets jealous,"

"I think you're just jealous," James mumbled while pulling on the jeans Sirius threw at him.

"Cheers, Fleumont, Euphemia," Sirius waved to James's parents as he pushed him out the front door, earning a wave back from both the older adults.

"Okay, mate," James sat on the bed, hands pressed together in front of his mouth, eyebrows furrowed. "Run me through the plan,"

Sirius took a deep breath. "Okay, so: eleven o'clock and we're going ice skating,"

"Challenging, invites things to laugh over together and a fun way to, excuse my pun, break the ice." James nodded seriously and waved a hand. "Continue,"

"Then afterwards we're having pizza at the pizzeria across the road,"

"Perfect, going smoothly - except," James stood up and put both his hands on Sirius' shoulders. "If that man likes pineapple on his pizza-" he leaned in, eyes wide. "You fucking run the hell out of there. Kapeesh?"

"Noted." Sirius turned to the massive pile of clothes he compiled for this date. "We should narrow down the outfits,"

Clearing his throat, James squatted with his hands pressed together in front of his mouth again. He took a few seconds squinting at the piles before selecting a sleek, black button-up. Holding it out to Sirius, James arched an eyebrow. "What are we thinking?"

Sirius stroked his chin, observing the shirt. "Classy, goes well with my leather jacket, suits my figure - I think we've found ourselves an outfit!"

Grabbing the shirt, Sirius turned around to get changed, giving James the opportunity to slip out his phone.

James: We're all sorted over here.

WBU guys?

Hearing a familiar pinging noise, Lily took out her phone. After scanning it, she looked up at Remus who was sitting quietly on a chair, bouncing his knee nervously. "Remus, James is asking how we're going. What should I say?"

"Say we're going splendidly. Couldn't be better!"

Lily rolled her eyes. "You know, if you at least smiled it would have been a lot more convincing."

"Life's unfair, Evans,"

Lily: We're all good. How's Sirius?

James: Never seen him so fucking nervous. Remus?

Lily glanced up at Remus who started biting his nails, knee bouncing faster and faster.

Lily: Same. He's dealing though.

James: How long are they going to be gone for do u know

Lily: I'm not sure, a few hours, unless they spend the night

James: Speaking of spending the night

;)

Lily: Haha nice try

...

Yours or mine?