Chapter 15

"Bloody hell," James took off his glasses and rubbed his face. "Bloody hell. Then what did you do?"

"Marched out," Sirius said, his feet up on the dashboard. "Told Reg to stay the fuck away from our parents and to not listen to them, if he had any sense. They didn't appreciate that, for some reason. Then I got out and started walking, now we're here,"

"What are you gonna do?" James asked, sliding his glasses back on so that he could see Sirius properly.

"Hang at yours until I can find a cheap enough place," Sirius replied. "That's okay, isn't it? Staying at yours?"

"Yes. Blimey, yes. Don't worry about me," James said firmly. He sighed, finally turning on the indicator to ease back onto the main road. "Lily and I are in the middle of wedding preparations, we spend most of our time with each other planning."

"I won't get in the way," Sirius rushed, bringing his legs down, doing up his seatbelt. "I'll leave you two alone - probably - and help out as much as I can. I can- I can make my bed, I can even do the dishes!"

"Jesus, Sirius," James said. "I don't even do the dishes," he shook his head, chuckling. "Look, it'll be fine for you to stay. My parents won't care - they'll be thrilled that you're over,"

Nodding more to himself than James, Sirius exhaled. "Okay. Great. Cool."

They drove in silence for a couple of seconds before he took in a quick breath. "Does it show? Does it look really bad?!" he fretted, taking out his phone and turning on the selfie camera to look at his face.

"Hey, Sirius," James said curiously as they got out of the car.

"Wassup,"

James licked his lips nervously. "Uh, why couldn't you just ride your motorcycle?"

Sirius stood still. Slowly, he turned around. "How dare you bring up such a tender subject when I've recently become homeless,"

James held up his hands. "Asking the real questions, here!"

Taking in a dramatic breath, Sirius looked off into the distance. "I had to... I had to put her down," he closed his eyes painfully.

"Shit," James touched Sirius' shoulder. "Was she okay?"

"No," Sirius looked to the side. "Her fuel tank was leaking... they said she wouldn't make it,"

James blinked, confused. "Can't you just repla-"

"SHE WAS A VINTAGE MODEL, JAMES! YOU CAN'T REPLACE TRUE LOVE!"