Chapter 62

"How do you really feel about it all?"

"Stop wriggling," Sirius commanded - Remus' scarred fingers were in his hand and the tiny brush in his other.

"I don't think my wriggling is the reason that there is a grand total of no nailpolish on my actual nails," he raised an eyebrow.

"There's some on there," Sirius said defensively.

"But anyway," Remus pressed. "Don't avoid the question, Padfoot."

Sirius sighed heavily, putting down the red nail polish and taking the cap off the sparkly layer thing. "My best friend - no, my brother - is moving to the other side of the world. I won't be able to see him every day and I can't just randomly pull up at his house to annoy him because he's in fricking Australia!"

Remus was quiet as Sirius painted on the glitter coat. "You're allowed to be upset."

"I'm not upset," Sirius said quickly, his eyebrows furrowed.

Remus raised an eyebrow. "Who do you think you're fooling, Pads?"

Sirius, who in all honesty was fighting a lump in his throat, shook his head. "I'm fine. They're moving away and I'm happy for them." he sniffed. "Honest to god, I am, I swear."

Remus gently stroked Sirius' limp forearm. "I know you are."

"I'm so happy for them," Sirius looked confused as a solitary tear traced its way down his cheek. "I just don't understand why I'm feeling like this. Why are there the- the ugly feelings?"

Standing up from his position on the floor, Remus turned to sit on the couch and motioned for Sirius to sit next to him. Wrapping his scarred arms around the boy choking back tears, Remus spoke two words that made Sirius lose all of his composure. "It's okay."

As Sirius' shoulders shook, Remus pulled him closer. "You're allowed to be feeling like this, but know that good things will come out of this too. And, hey," he quickly pulled away so that he could look Sirius in the eye. "We can host a going away party!"

Sniffing, Sirius said, "I do like parties." Wiping his eyes, he sits up. "Can it be a surprise party?"

"We'll see what we can do." Getting excited himself, Remus rubbed his hands together. "We need to get planning if they're leaving in three months!"

"Two months and twenty-seven days, actually." Sirius said miserably. "Specifically eighty eight days, one hour and thirty minutes."

Remus blinked. "Do you just fucking know that?"

Sirius held up his phone with a website open, trying to bite back a smile at his smartassery.

"Right," Remus laughed. "Well grab pen, dammit, and let's start planning!"

"This is going to be the best fucking party ever," Sirius grinned, his sadness being replaced with excitedness.

Remus nodded, reaching over to a bench and grabbing a notebook before resting it on his knee. "Damn right it will be," he said, heading the page.

 "Damn right it will be," he said, heading the page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have yOU got ideas for the party? 

Who do you want to be invited? 

What do you want to happen at the party?

Any particular activities/foods/etc?

Where do you want it to take place?

YOU have the power. Leave your ideas in the comments!