Chapter 60

"Night time, day time! Night time... DAY TIME!"

Harry shrieked with laughter as Sirius directed his small hands to cover Sirius' eyes then to uncover them again.

Having trouble not collapsing with laughter at Harry's innocent glee, Sirius pressed Harry's chubby palms against his eyes. "Night time... DAY TIME!" he shouted, moving the hands away causing Harry to fall into another fit of shrieks. "Harry, you are too cute, you know that?" Sirius grinned, giggling himself.

From the other couch, Lily looked up as she heard a knock on the door. "The Longbottoms are here!"

"Hell yes!" James quickly stood up, making Remus hold his glass of wine. "I'll let them in."

"Oh my god," Sirius wheezed, a hand on Harry's back.

Harry hadn't stopped shrieking with the most adorable laughter Sirius had ever heard, and it was just too much.

"Remus, take the child. I can't. I can't." he cried, his cheeks aching with how hard he was smiling as he dodged Harry's wild arms.

Grinning, Remus put down James' wine glass and grabbed Harry under the armpits, pulling him up into his arms.

Harry managed to grab Sirius' nose one last time with a final whispered "Padput" before Remus had him sat on his lap in an armchair opposite Sirius who was having trouble composing himself. "How are you, Harry?" Remus asked him.

Harry stared up at Remus with his big green eyes, his face full of wonder. Then he suddenly sneezed, setting Sirius' laughter off again.

"Rude," Remus smiled, scrunching up his nose as he wiped his hands on his jeans. Softly patting Harry's feathery hair, Remus' thoughts travelled back to the last time he saw the Potters a few days ago the weekend previous at his and Sirius' house.

"What?"

Remus looked up, almost jumping. "What, what?"

Sirius was staring at him, smiling slightly. "You have that look on your face. You're thinking. What is it?"

Lily was looking at Remus too, now, intrigued.

Laughing awkwardly, Remus scratched the back of his head before bouncing his knee with the extra weight of a small one-year-old, holding onto Harry's chubby midsection. "Well, you know when you were over last weekend?" he gestured to Lily who nodded her affirmation. "You said that you... I can't remember the exact words, but you said that you had news?"

Lil squinted, searching her memory.

"Ohhh, yeah!" Sirius said, leaning forwards in the Potter's armchair. "You said you have big news and then you got a phone call from the Potters and had to leave?"

"Oh, right!" Lily craned her neck, turning around. "Um, I think I should wait for James before I-"

"Guess who's here?!" a short, chubby woman splayed out her arms, sliding into the hallway with a massive smile on her round face. "It's me! Alice! And Frank and..." she moved her arms so that her jazz hands were facing the entrance. "The man, the myth, the legend who can finally walk! Neville!"

A baby with the same matching blonde hair as his mother waddled into the Potter's hallway with Frank behind him.

"Hi!" Springing up, Lily ran to crush Alice in a hug. "It's been so long, gosh! And- oh my god!" she kneels down next to the child. "Look how big he is now! He's grown so much!!"

Alice beamed, an arm around Frank's waist. She looked out into the room. "Sirius, Remus!!"

"Alice!" Sirius cheered, equally as excited, as he bolted across the room and hugged her. "Where have you been?!"

"Where have you been, Mr Black?" Alice retorted, but she got up on her tiptoes and hugged him again before holding out her arms to Remus. "Aw, Remy!!" she squealed.

Remus gave her an awkward one armed hug, Harry in his other hand.

"Hello Harry!!" Alice put a small hand on Harry's head. "Wow, his eyes are stunning!"

"Takes after Lily," James smiles from where he reentered the room.

"Nevi, look who it is!" Bending into a crouching position, Alice held Neville's midsection and pointed to Harry who Remus had put on the ground.

The two little boys stared at each other before Harry jumped up in the air and shouted, "BAH!"

Surprised, Neville became unbalanced and fell onto his bottom.

Laughing, James squeezed through the small crowd and extended his arm. "Please, everyone, come take a seat. Lily and I made a dip to go with crackers!"

"Ooh, we brought champagne!" Alice said cheerfully. "Frank chose it out, didn't you, darling?"

"Yep," Frank nodded, adjusting the refrigerated bag on his shoulder.

"Don't mind if I do," Sirius whispered, grinning at Remus who rolled his eyes, resting a chin on Sirius' shoulder.

"Let's get comfy, then, shall we?" Lily smiled.