Modern No-Magic DRARRY AU - Preview

The door to the cafe opened, a warm tinkling sound against the bitter, cold wind that crept in and made the hair on Harry's arms stand up.

"Where the hell have you been?" Ron demanded, crossing his arms as he turned around to death stare the figure rushing into the room.

"I am aware that I am late, Weasley," the pale boy said quickly, eyebrows furrowed.

"You do realise it's a nine o'clock start, right?" Ron continued, not relaxing his gaze. "That's NINE A.M, Malfoy. Do you need to borrow a watch, mate?"

"I don't need to borrow anything from you," Draco scowled at the red-head, marching towards the door to get into the serving area and back room and pushing against it at the same time as he roughly twisted the knob. Caught in momentum, when the door didn't open Draco ran into it with a thump.

Hermione hid behind her hand as she laughed and Ron openly snorted. Harry couldn't help but snigger at the frustration on Malfoy's face, the pink spreading from his pale cheeks to the tips of his ears. The laughter only increased as the embarrassed boy swore under his breath.

"Blasted door, it never bloody works." Closing his eyes, Draco clenched his fists. "Can someone open the door from the inside?" he said as if it caused him physical pain.

"Sorry, what was that, Malfoy?" Harry said innocently, Ron chuckling at his shoulder. "Do you need our help?"

"Shut up," Draco snapped, and all giggling ceased. "Open the damn door."

--------------------------

If you like this Modern, No-Magic universe and you like the look of this snippet, check out my new story ;)