Chapter 26

"Wow!" James said as he walked through the door, gaping around. "There's no furniture!"

"Excuse me? Do not upset Mr Stuffins?" Sirius put his hands around the side of an old armchair as if blocking it's ears.

"Okay, so you have an armchair," James shrugged. "And... what I think is going to be a table?"

"IKEA's instructions need to be clearer," Sirius said bitterly, glaring at the pile of wood banished to the corner of the room.

"Lily and I can work on that today," Remus said, putting an arm around Sirius to comfort him.

"Let's have a crack, why don't we?" Lily rubbed her hands together, walking over to the table.

"What do you want me to do?" James asked hopefully, following her.

Lily hesitated, making eye contact with Remus. "Um... why not you do some sweeping with Sirius?"

"Okay!"

Remus bit back a laugh and shook his head as he crouched down next to Lily, watching her as she read through the instructions, her hand resting on her stomach. "Does it look as hard as he claimed it did?"

Lily tilted her head. "Well, I don't know. I mean... it's a table. We should have our different sized screws in different bags-" she closed her mouth and sighed. "Which... Sirius very helpfully saved us the trouble of taking out. Great. Now we can have the pleasure of sorting those out,"

Remus pursed his lips, once again finding himself trying not to laugh.

"Don't you dare laugh at that idiot,"

"I don't know what you're talking about,"