Chapter 31

"As soon as you get off work, Moony," Sirius began, leaning through the car door. "Don't forget that we're heading over to the Potter's,"

"I won't," Remus tilted his head for a kiss on the cheek before starting up the car. "See you in a few hours,"

"Love you,"

"I love you too,"

Sirius walked back into the apartment, his eyes shining. He lay down on the couch, his long legs draped over the end. The only reason he wasn't working with his boyfriend was because someone insisted that he take a break from all the hours he was working. ("You aren't the only person paying rent, Padfoot. You don't need to earn all the money,") Now Sirius rested against the couch, having no idea what to do. He never had spare time. What do people do in their spare time?

The only thing Sirius did wasn't there at that moment.

Sighing, Sirius slid down the couch, his hair sticking to his face with the static. "Remus, oh Remus," he said mournfully, his head on the carpet. "What am I going to do without Remus? Oh, my pride, my joy, whatever am I going to do without- oh," he grabbed his phone from his tight pocket and started typing. 

Hi gorgeous <33333

His phone started ringing, and he picked it up. "Oh, hello," he grinned.

"What's wrong?" Came Remus' concerned voice. "I'm driving, why did you text? We saw each other literally a minute ago. I only just left the driveway! Have you already burnt the house down?"

"I miss you," Sirius said somewhat sheepishly.

Remus was silent, leaving Sirius awkwardly smiling to himself.

"I don't know what to do, Moony, I'm so bored,"

"Don't you have any hobbies?" Sirius could hear Remus' car blinkers. "What do you do when you're not working?"

"I party with you and with my friends," Sirius crossed his arms. "But everyone is working. And I should be too!"

"Surely you have other hobbies,"

Huffing, Sirius collapsed on the couch again. "I-I don't know! Maybe..." he scrunched up his face. "Pulling pranks, messing with my motorcycle, exploring?"

"Okay, well what about something you can do inside? Something you've wanted to try but haven't had the chance yet?"

"God, I don't know. Uh..." his eyebrows shot up. "Nailpolish?"

Sirius could basically hear Remus' grin. "Yeah?"

He nodded into the phone. "It would be cool to be able to draw little pictures on my nails, y'know? Rather than just a plain black or that stuff,"

"Perfect! Look, I've gotta go, but I'll see you in a few hours. Okay?"

"Okay,"

Putting his phone down, Sirius rubbed his hands together, looking around the place. "Okay... nailpolish. Nailpolish, nailpolish... uh..."