Chapter 8

"Ah, I haven't had pizza in ages!" Remus said as they were exiting the pizzeria, stretching.

Wincing, Sirius rubbed his elbow. "An angel on ice who's never had pizza. How are you even real?"

Remus shook his head. "Hey, I never said I've never had pizza. And you could hardly call me an angel on ice. You're just..."

"Special," Sirius finished drily.

Remus laughed. "Sure, that works. I had no idea someone could fall over so many times. How's your elbow, by the way?"

"It's been just great. Felt amazing when you ran into it with your skate, by the way. I really appreciate it."

Remus blushed. "At least you got your revenge by tripping me,"

"True, true," Sirius looked up at the setting sun, the red and orange and pink colours bleeding together in the sky. "So... what now?"

"Well," Remus shoved his hands into his corduroy jacket. "My dad and his mates have gone away on a 'fishing trip', he tells me, so the house is free if you want to come over,"

Sirius smiled. "I'd like that. What would we do over there?"

Remus shrugged, getting out his car keys and unlocking the car. "We could Netflix and chill, I found a bunch of movies I want to watch," he swung open the car door and climbed into the front seat.

Sirius stood still for a second, blinking, then he opened the car door and got in. "I don't think you understand what 'Netflix and chill' means,"

Putting the keys into the ignition, Remus glanced sceptically over to Sirius in the passenger seat. "Um, Sirius, it really can't get any more simple than saying 'Netflix and chill',"

Sirius tilted his head, hiding a smile. "Alright, if you say so..." The two drifted into silence until Remus' curiosity got the better of him.

"What is Netflix and chill, then?"

Sirius pressed his lips together in a smirk, hiding it with his hand. "What do you think it means?"

Remus shrugged, keeping his eyes on the road. "Watching Netflix and relaxing. There's no room in the title for any other explanation-"

"Except for hot sex,"

Remus choked, coughing on his own spit. He glanced at Sirius from the side of his eye incredulously before looking back at the road. "What?!"

Not bothering to hide his laughter anymore, Sirius put his arms behind his head. "'Netflix and chill' means to have sex, Remus,"

Remus turned completely red. "Oh my god... I need to apologise to so many people..."

Cackling, Sirius threw his head back. "Oh, this is gold,"

-----

"And welcome to my house," Remus announced, pushing open the stiff front door.

Sirius smiled. Though it was small and messy, there were traces of Remus everywhere. His crumpled sweaters across the couch, a lone photo of him on the fridge from his high school graduation, books strewn in various places. "I love it,"

Remus' cheeks turned the slightest bit pink. "Oh, well, thank you. Do you want to watch that movie I told you about together?"

"Hell yeah!" Sirius said, leaping onto the couch over the arm. He looked up at Remus with sparkling eyes. "Sit next to me?"

Laughing, Remus walked at a normal pace to the couch, sitting next to Sirius so that their thighs were touching.

Biting his lip, Sirius slipped off the couch and sat on the floor, in between Remus' legs, the back of his head leaning against the couch.

Remus looked down at Sirius' head, attempting to fight a blush. His hair looked so soft, so shiny, so... touchable. Reaching out, he stroked it with a finger. When he got no negative reaction from Sirius, Remus began running his fingers through the boy's long hair, making tiny plaits, undoing them and starting again.

"You've got such gentle hands," Sirius said, startling Remus.

"I thought you were watching the television,"

Sirius shrugged, reaching up to take Remus' hand in his own. "I got distracted by a beautiful specimen playing with my hair - which felt really nice, by the way. Come join me," he invited, sweeping a hand around the air next to him.

"What's wrong with our perfectly good couch?" Remus pretended to protest, already sliding down the cushions to sit next to Sirius.

"Couches are for losers,"

"Debatable, but I'll roll with it for now,"

The two young men watched the TV in comfortable silence, arms around each other.

"Hey, Remus?"

His head against Sirius' shoulder, Remus didn't look up from the TV. "Hmm?"

"This is gonna sound awkward, but," Sirius licked his lips nervously. "Are you a virgin?"

"Ah," Remus blushed, sitting up.

"It's-it's nothing to be embarrassed about," Sirius rushed, running a hand through his hair. "You could be asexual for all I know- it- it doesn't matter if you're a virgin, I'm just-"

"Curious?" Remus smiled. "Don't worry, it's fine. But yes, I am. Why?"

"I don't know," Sirius rubbed the back of his neck, the tips of his ears pink. "Have you ever... thought about...? Sorry, this is messed up," Sirius rubbed his face.

"It's okay,"

"But... would you ever... want to..." Sirius' face twisted, trying to find the right words. He looked desperately at Remus, apologetic.

Remus chuckled. "Don't worry, it's fine. But, I think I'll know when the time is right, you know?" He looked into Sirius' eyes. "I'd want to make the right decision, and make sure that both the person I'm doing it with and I are on the same page. It's a big thing for me,"

Sirius nodded, unable to look away from Remus' green eyes piercing into his soul. "That's fair. And completely justified. Don't feel ashamed of any of that, okay?"

Looking down, Remus smiled. Then he lifted his head, placing a kiss on Sirius' cheek.