My experience of writing romance and gang au

A/n: it was weird and Cringy as hell. The story is basically about a dude named Jimmy Valentine who has an altered ego named Ralph, he's a criminal and in love with a girl named Annabel Adams. He saved a kid and revealed that he is a criminal and left Annabel, I apparently had to write an alternate ending for the real story, so I tried writing Romance and Mafia AUs. Honestly, I like the Mafia one better, but they are all terrible.

(I sorta regret it after I finished)

Alternate Ending 1~

Jimmy was about to walk off until, "Ralph, wait!" He turned around face to face with no other than Annabel Adams. "Please don't go Ralph," She walked forward tears streaming down her cheeks. "No, you know I can't stay Annabel. I'm a criminal, you should be avoiding me!" He said turning back, Annabel grabbed his hand. "But, you're still the same man I fell for. The past is the past for now you are a changed man." She said barely a whisper. Jimmy looked at her with sorrow in his eyes, he did not want to drag her down the road of a terrible life. He would ruin her reputation and possibly family relations, "I'm sorry." He pulled his hand out of her and left, or so he thought. Annabel wouldn't have it and grabbed his arm one more and pulled him forward. Their faces so close about 4 cm apart, "I wouldn't care who you are or what you'd be, but the man I know." She said as they closed the gap and shared a tender kiss.

"Ummmm, am I interrupting something," Ben says smugly as he look at the couple. "Hi Ben," Jimmy greeted. "Okay, either way your buggy's waiting for ya." He said as he left just as quickly as appeared.

Alternate Ending 2~

After Jimmy got back to his shop he saw a note written in blood, 'You shouldn't have left you girl behind, boy.' He dropped the note and dashed to Annabel's apartment, panting as he opens the door to find Annabel. In a puddle of red crimson blood. A bullet in her head. That's when he felt something cold to his head, he turned around and saw no other than Ben Price himself! "Night, night," Ben said and a bang can be heard through the apartment complex. When the authorities arrived, they saw the couple both shot, on the wall the 'You'll always be mine'

A/n: From this I am asking you guys to help make a decision, should I write a new story with a mafia AU or no form the endings you guys read from above?