Chapter 6

We finish our laps and head inside as the bell rings. I put Paige and Ali's numbers in my phone before Ali leaves.

Paige and I stay behind and wait on Coach.

"You're so slow!" I groan.

"Excited much?" he grins.

"No, just ready to leave school" I retort.

Paige giggles.

"Let's go," Coach Johnson says, grabbing his stuff.

I get in my car and they get in their cars. Mr. Montgomery pulls up beside us and we all follow Coach Johnson to his house. I race beside Mr. Montgomery and he sends me glares every few seconds.

We pull up to Coach Johnson's house and I jump out.

"I beat you!" I grin at Mr. Montgomery.

"Shut up!" he laughs.

Paige giggles.

"You drive so slow Mr. Montgomery. I saw an old lady drive faster than you!" Paige smiles.

Coach, Paige, and I all burst into laughter.

"Outside of school, you call me Ezra. And this here, is Ricky," he says.

"Okay Ezra," I giggle.

We walk into Coach's small ranch house. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

"Are you married?" Paige asks.

"single," Ricky smiles.

"And how old are both of you?" I smirk.

"I'm 25 and Ezra's 27."

"Why such a big house?" I ask, knowing Paige was wondering the same thing.

"In case I marry one day and decide to have kids," he says.

"Makes sense," I giggle.

He leads us into his dining room and Paige and I set our stuff down on the table. We open up our history textbooks and look at Ricky.

"I'll cook up some pasta while you guys study," Ezra says, heading off to the kitchen.

We study for 30 minutes and then Ricky quizzes us. I get 22 out of 50 right and Paige gets 30 out of 50 right.

"Good job," I smile at her.

"You need to study your capitals more," Ricky laughs at me.

I playfully glare at him, causing him to laugh.

Paige's phone beeps and she reads her text.

"Mom needs me home to watch my little brother. I'll see you later! Thanks for the help Ricky!" Paige smiles.

I give her a hug and wave to her as her car drives off.

"Now time to do this Stupid English homework!" I yell, loud enough for Ezra to hear.

I hear him chuckle and I pull out Romeo and Juliet. I answer the Act 1 reading questions and get back to history homework. I do the guided reading questions for it and sigh in relief.

"Finally," I smile.

"Dinner's ready!" Ezra calls.

Coach and I walk into the kitchen, fix our plates, and we all go into the living room. We all sit on the couch and I sit in the middle.

"So, is your mom or dad not wondering where you are?" Ezra asks.

"Dad lives in Georgia and mom is taking care of one of her friends who is sick. So for now it's just me," I say.

"You're staying home alone for how long?" Coach asks.

"3 months at the most, but I'm a big girl. I can handle myself," I say.

"Someone as small as you shouldn't be home alone," Ezra says.

"Well, mom told me to have people over or stay with someone as much as possible, so I wouldn't be alone," I smile.

"You can stay here tonight," Ricky offers.

"Only if Ezra stays too," I look at him.

"Why me?" Ezra grins.

"It's more fun with you here," I smile.

"Yeah, ok," Ricky rolls his eyes.

"It's a sleepover," Ezra smirks, finally agreeing to stay.

"Awesome," I smile.

"Do you need clothes for tomorrow?" Ricky asks.

"I doubt I can fit into your stuff. I'll just stop by my house in the morning," I say.

"Where are we all gonna sleep?" Ezra asks.

"I'll take the couch. Josephine can sleep in my room, and you can sleep in the guest room," Ricky tells Ezra.

"You guys can call me Jo. All my friends do," I tell them.

They nod their heads and I look around.

Anyone up for some UNO?" Ricky asks.

2 hours and 14 games later, I'm declared the UNO champ. I won 8 games, Ezra won 6, and Ricky won 0.

"You completely suck," I laugh at Ricky.

He glares at me and I giggle.

I check the time. 9.

"I'm gonna run home and get a few things. I'll be back," I say.

One hour later and I've returned back to Ricky's with all the things I need.

"Where can I shower?" I ask.

"There's a bathroom in my room. Last door on the right," Ricky says.

I go inside his room and take a long hot shower.

I get out and realize I forgot pajamas. Shit. I put my panties on and look in Ricky's drawers. I find a long black T-shirt and put it on. It falls below my butt. Perfect.

I smile and smell the shirt. It smells just like Ricky. He smells so good. What am I saying? Snap out of it! He's your teacher Jo!

I return to the living room to see Ricky looking at me with a smirk.

"I forgot my pajamas. I hope you don't mind," I smile.

"It's fine," he says.

I look into his mint green eyes and force myself to look away. He is so adorable.

"Good night," I say to Ricky.

"Ezra is already in bed, so you don't have to say goodnight to him," Ricky tells me.

"Sleep good Ricky," I smile.

"You too."