Chapter 8

"Yes it's me sweetheart," he smiles.

I run to him and hug him like I haven't seen him in years.

"Why are you down?" I ask, a big grin plastered on my face..

"I wanted to see you," he smiles.

I look up at him.

"Who are these men here?" my dad asks, finally realizing Ricky and Ezra's presence.

"Two of mom's friends. They're watching over me while mom's gone," I say, only partially lying.

They all shake hands.

"Where's your mom at?" he asks, and I can tell he's still upset about the whole thing.

"She's staying with a sick friend a few hours away," I say.

"Really?" he says, looking a little skeptical, but he doesn't say anything.

"Yeah, but I'm hoping she'll be back soon."

"I missed you sweetheart," he says, changing the subject.

"I missed you too, dad," I say, engulfing him in another hug.

I fix us all dinner and Dad and I catch up. Soon enough, he has to leave and I sadly say goodbye.

"Can someone go pick up Insidious 2 from redbox?" I put on the puppy dog face.

"I will. I'll pick us up some ice cream too," Ezra smiles.

I grin and he grabs his keys and heads out.

"So tell me about you," I say to Ricky.

"Well, I'm an only child. I moved here 3 years ago. My parents live about an hour away. I'm the soccer coach, I love watching movies, and I love running," he smiles.

"I used to play soccer," I say, interested that he's the coach.

"Maybe you should play this year," he says.

"Maybe," I smile.

"Tell me about you," he grins.

"I like to play soccer, obviously. I love to swim. My dad lives in Georgia. My ex dumped me and hooked up with my best friend. I love to shop too," I laugh.

"Sorry about the ex-boyfriend thing," he half smiles.

"I was really stupid to think he actually cared. I thought we'd be together forever. I can't believe I trusted her and him. Right now, I think I'm actually over him," I grin.

It was true. Justin was a piece of crap, and I finally realized it. He didn't mean anything to me anymore. Carmen didn't either. A true friend would never do something like that.

"He doesn't deserve your tears anyways," Ricky smiles.

"So how are you liking the year so far?" I ask.

"It's alright. I don't like getting up early. That's one of the negatives of being a teacher. How's your senior year going?" he asks.

"Great. I'm glad I met you, Ezra, Paige, and Ali," I grin.

"I'm glad I met you too, and Ezra is glad too. I know he is," Ricky smiles.

"Time for the movie," I grin as Ezra walks back inside.

I pick up Insidious 2 and pop it into the DVD player.

I get on the couch between Ezra and Ricky.

Halfway through the movie Ezra's head is buried in my shoulder, and my head is buried in Ricky's chest.

Ezra and I are freaked by the movie, and Ricky just keeps laughing his head off at us.

When the movie ends Ricky's arms are wrapped around me and my face is buried in his chest.

"I'm sorry," I blush, sitting up.

"No worries. You two are such babies," Ricky laughs.

I look at Ezra, and he is fast asleep.

"Tired?" I ask.

"A little," he says.

"Up for another movie?" I ask.

"Depends on which one," he smiles.

"How about The Notebook?" I grin.

"Eww," he grumbles.

"Too bad," I wink.

I put the DVD in and sit back down.

By the end of the movie I'm in tears.

I cuddle up to Ricky and he strokes my hair. The movie ends and I look up at him. Does he like me? I have such great feelings towards him.

"We should probably sleep. It's like 1 AM, and we have school tomorrow," I finally say.

I lead him upstairs.

"My brother's bedroom is right here. He's not here because he's in the army. If you need anything I'm right across the hall," I grin.

We say goodnight and I head to bed. I doze off and shortly after I fall asleep.