Chapter 54; The Babies

Twelve long hours later, it's finally time to push. Ricky and mom hold my legs and the rest stand near my head so they don't have to see the gross stuff. Luke and Paige grab my hands.

"Push!" the nurse says.

I push with everything I have. Five minutes later, I hear a cry.

"The boy is out!" the nurse smiles.

A tear rolls down my cheek. He's a premature, so I can't hold him yet. They take him away and I get ready to push again.

"Push!" the nurse says.

I push again with all my might, and ten minutes later our baby girl is out. They immediately take her as well. Ricky kisses my cheek.

"I'm so proud of you," he smiles.

"We can't even hold our babies," I frown.

"We will be able to soon. Take a nap, I'll wake you up when we can," he smiles.

Some odd hours later, I feel someone shaking me.

"Jo," I hear mom say.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Do you wanna meet your babies?" she smiles.

I get up slowly so I don't hurt myself. I mean i just had two babies! I walk over to the intensive care and see my two babies with wires on them.

"I can't believe those are our babies," I say to Ricky.

He tears up and actually starts crying! I pull him in for a hug and smile.

"Go get your cast off baby. Take Ezra and Jesse," I smile.

"I'll come right back," he grins.

He gives me a kiss and a nurse comes beside me.

"The babies are really healthy. They should be out of that room in a few days," she says.

I fake a smile and she continues on. A few days?! I can't hold them for a few days?!

Those few days go by so slowly, but they finally come. The babies trays are wheeled into my room. Nobody is here but me and Ricky, and I've had to listen to him for the past few days celebrating because he doesn't have a cast. Oh brother!

I pick up Leon and Ricky picks up Chloe.

"They're so beautiful," Ricky tears up.

Tears roll down my face and I give Leon a kiss. A nurse walks in with a computer.

"What is twin #1's name?" she asks, referring to Leon.

"Leon Ezra," I say.

"Twin #2?" she asks.

"Chloe Grace," Ricky smiles.

"What are the last names?" she asks.

I look at Ricky. We never discussed this.

"They can have yours," he smiles.

I know he would feel broken if I did that. I look at the nurse and smile.

"Leon Ezra Johnson and Chloe Grace Johnson."

That day I learned how to breastfeed and how to make bottles. If one twin woke up crying, the other one woke up as well.

"I'm so glad they get to stay in here tonight," I smile.

"Me too," Ricky smiles.

"Are you ready to take them home tomorrow?" I smile.

"Super ready," he grins.

"Tomorrow's Wednesday, so school starts in like 5 days," I groan.

"Are you gonna take any days off?" Ricky asks.

"I'll probably take two days off or something. I seriously can't afford to miss anything since finals are coming up," I say.

I hear a cry, and look up to see Leon. I pick him up and rock him.

"Leon are you hungry?" I smile at him.

On cue, Chloe starts to cry. Ricky makes her a bottle and I breastfeed Leon, since I breastfed Chloe last time. They both eat and fall back to sleep.

"Let's get some sleep while we can," Ricky kisses my neck.

We get as comfortable as we can in the hospital bed, and we both try to fall asleep. I'm so glad I have Ricky. I can't wait to see how the next few months go until we graduate.