20

(edited 4.23.16)

Fifteen year old Elliott watched as Her Seventeen year old brother Andrew packed for Uni.

"You promise you're gonna call Andy?"

"Of course Ellie."

"Fray said that if you don't she'll beat your arse."

"I know She will." He laughed, trying his hardest to not make his departure so sad. He zipped his last suitcase and pulled it out into the hall with the others. He pulled his younger sister into his arms for the last time before they took everything down to his car. Bethenny had her face in Liam's chest, not being able to stand Andrew leaving.

"I'll be back mum." He kissed her cheek and hugged his fathers one by one. He almost smothered Freya with his bone crushing hug and when he got to Elliott, She broke down. Hot tears poured down her cheeks as she clung to him with everything she had, begging for him not to go.

"I have to Ellie."

"Please don't leave me Andy, you just can't."

"I'll be back every month to see you jellybean. I promise."

"You promise?"

"I promise babe."

She buried her face in his chest, still not wanting to let him go. Michael gently pulled her off and shushed her crying while Andrew got into his car. She melted into Mike, still crying. As  Andrew's car began to pull out of the long driveway Elliott's eyes got big, she pulled away from Michael and ran after the car as fast as she could.

"Andy! Andy Wait!"

Bethenny went to race after her but Ashton and Liam kept her back, Knowing that Elliott had a good reason for running after that car.

Andrew stopped and got out, racing to meet Elliott halfway. She wrapped her arms around his waist in a tight hug and looked up at him.

"We forgot goodbye kisses." She whispered softly.

He chuckled and bent down to kiss both of cheeks. She got on the tips of her toes to do the same and they shared one last hug before he returned to his car and she back up the driveway. Beth, the boys, and Freya watched as Elliott smiled, skipping up the driveway where Luke and Harry were waiting for her. They carried her giggling body all the way to the pool and the dropped her in. She came to the surface motioning for them all to join her. She took off her converse and threw the wet shoes along with her soggy socks, at her older sister. Freya ripped off her toms and plunged in, swimming after Elliott. Their parents watched the girls splash around and smiled at the two.

~

A month later Elliott ran around the house with Niall, Louis, Calum, Michael, Luke, Zayn, Harry, and Ashton. The nine of them not helping Freya, Liam, and Beth set up all of the Christmas decorations. Instead they were running back and forth between the kitchen and the arcade room to get  more cookies before they played some more games. This went on all afternoon until about five when Beth called them all for dinner. Once everyone was at the table they said they're prayers and began to eat.

"How was school today Ellie?"

"It was awesome! Meghan Slate broke her leg today during the pep rally!"

"Why do you seem so happy about that?"

"Cos she got caught doing Anal with Benn."

"Benn, the boy you like Benn?"

"Benn, the boy I liked Benn."

"Wow. That's pretty intense."

Dinner went on with more talking and eating before Elliott was sent to bed and Freya being the age she is, went to bed on her own.

~

Two weeks went bye and before anyone knew it, Christmas eve had arrived. As always, Elliott was bouncing off of the walls. She was trying to calm herself, but it wasn't working.

"Ellie calm down babe."

"Baba, this is the first time that Andy's coming home since he left. I cannot calm down."

Zayn sighed and gave her and 'okay' look before kissing her head and letting her continue. She finished the third batch of cookies when there was a knock at the door. She mushed Freya out of the way and ripped the doors open. Andrew stood, little snowflakes melting onto his jumper. She attacked him with a hug dragging him inside.

"I missed you!" A few tears came from her eyes that she quickly wiped away.

"I missed you too, jellybean!" He kissed the top of her head and pulled his bags inside, closing the doors behind him. Everyone got their hugs in before Elliott dragged him upstairs to her room and told  him about everything he missed. He laid on the end of her bed and listened to Elliott talk about her brand new braces and the time Zayn and Calum took her bra shopping. She showed him all of the pictures from the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert that Michael took her to.

At dinner he got her out of eating her Cauliflower and Read their favorite Christmas book to her and Freya. They were all sent to bed at nine thirty and at about two am, both Freya and Elliott ended up snuggling into Andrew in his room.

~

Christmas morning, everyone sat around the beautifully decorated Christmas tree in the warm room exchanging gifts that they loved. Beth had secretly taken over 300 photos and planned to get them blown up on canvases to put up around the house. The Tomlinson-Irwin family was a match made in heaven. No matter the what struggle, they stayed together and they loved each other.

Because that's what made a family.