Sometimes I Wanna Quit This All and Become an Accountant

(Patrick's POV)

That fucking bastard. How could he just do that to me? I cared so much about him. I-- FUCK HIM! He's sick in his demented head, UGH! Where the hell am I going? What am I planning on doing? All I know is it's stupid.. UGH! That son-of-a-bitch! I hate him so much. I could just-- aargh! I punched the air violently as I stomped, going closer to my destination of "nowhere." I have to just get this anger.. "FUCK!" I grabbed the back of my hair, knocking my fedora off and landing on my ass. I began to sob into ny knees. I'm so.. pathetic. He's right, you're a fat piece of shit. I covered my face with my palms & kicked the dirt. I just want to strangle him. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I shot back, thinking it was Pete. "Oh, fuck. I'm sorry." I said, wiping my tears away and standing. It was that cashier again. "Are you okay?" No. "Yeah." Liar. "Just letting off a little steam." I shrugged. "Uh, do you think you can do me a favor?" She asked, looking up at me because her head was down. "Yeah, what is it?" I just need to do something to get my mind off.. things. "Could you walk me home? It isn't far, but it's like 2:00 AM and I like not getting robbed." She smiled faintly. "So you need me to get robbed instead of you?" I joked. "Now you're gettin' it." She said, exchanging worry for a chuckle. We talked about little things, like how long she's worked at 711, tour dates.. anything except what was really on both of our minds. She stopped in front of a series of duplex apartments. "This is me." She smiled. "Nice, well uh have a goo--" I was cut off mid-sentence. "You wanna come in?" She rushed to get out like.. ripping off a band-aid. She does help me get my mind off of. . Him. "A couple minutes couldn't hurt, right?" She smiled widely, taking my hand and pushing through the little-white gate-door. She walked to the 3rd house on the right. She unlocked it and forced the heavy door open. "Home, sweet, home." She said inhaling and exhaling deeply. It smelt of vanilla candles and it was very neat. Everything had, and was in, it's place. "Wow, it's really nice." I got out. "Thanks. Make yourself at home. Want something to eat or drink? Anything?" She asked, walking toward the small kitchen. "Thank you, but no thank you" I said, sitting on the black leather couch below a large window. She walked in with a water bottle and set it on the coffee table. "Just in case. I'll be back in a minute." I nodded as she walked off to her bedroom. I sat back, sinking into couch. She had pictures of friends, family, a really nice picture of her graduating. She didn't look much younger than she does now. She walked out in a black tank too, a pair of blue shorts, and black vans. Simple. "Needed to get out of that dreaded uniform." She chuckled and sat a couple inches away from me. My arm stretched around the top of the couch, the other resting on the arm, and my leg crossed over the other. She leaned in toward me. "Patrick.." She said, looking into my eyes. "Yes?" I said, lost in hers. "Feel free to stop me at anytime." What? Suddenly she was on top of me, She kissed my lips gently before pulling away for a second. I took a deep breath before going back in. I began to explore her body with ny hands, as did she. If this is my way of getting back at Pete, it's stupid.

(Pete's POV)

I cried and cried for about two hours.. where is he? And.. Why am I just sitting here, crying like a bitch? I stood up whilst Joe was comforting me, pulling my boxers on and grabbing my jeans. I slipped them on and took a random pair of shoes I passed. "Pete, where the hell are you going?" Joe yelled. "Nowhere." I responded. My eyes puffy and bloodshot, I sniffled and attempted to slip on the shoes. They were Patrick's, his feet are too small. I tossed them on the ground and continued to walk nowhere bare-foot. I stopped when I saw Patrick's fedora on the floor. There was a 711 straight ahead. It was closed nothing else was around. "FUCK!" I yelled. I picked it up, and clung to it for dear life. I began to cry once again. I walked back, never loosening my grip on the fedora. I whispered to it like I was talking to Patrick. "I'm so sorry. I love you so much. Please, just come back to me and I will make it up to you. I p-promise." I sniffled and pulled it into an embrace. I don't think I've ever been more heartbroken. I saw a figure running the toward the bus. Oh, thank God. I think it's Patrick. I chased after him.until he finally stopped. I fell to knees, and broke down crying. I slowly walked toward him. He was only in his boxers and I know he did something completely stupid.

Oh, my. Well, I'm sure you can.figure it out. Anyway, hope you enjoyed. I'm kind of on a roll right now because.. lack of sleep shattered my writer's-block. LOVE you, Monkeys! XO!!

Title comes from" The (Shipped) Gold Standard" by Fall Out Boy, from their studio album "Folie à deux" (2008)