....

12 years later
Janet
The benefit of having all girls are nights like this. Cuddling up, watching movies, and eating ice cream. Spending time with them and showing them the true meaning of love. Being a single parent to triplets was hard but I made it work... well we made it work. Me and Icelyn made a schedule to ensure we had an equal amount of time with all four of our kids. We even built a great relationship despite the fact that we're divorced.

Every other month for the past 12 years we've been in the press, which was nothing new for me but Icelyn still wasn't used to the idea. She hadn't been remarried but she was still with DeAndre. Every time you asked about them they were always great, and I know Ice we always fought so I know something ain't right.

It was about 1 o'clock in the morning and the girls were all sleep in my bed, we were watching Love and Basketball when they fell asleep. It was storming really bad outside which is the perfect weather for a good sleep. Just as I drifted off to sleep there was a knock at the door. I was confused more then scared only because it's somebody I know if not the security wouldn't have let them in. I went down the stairs in my robe and looked out the window, I couldn't tell who it was because their back was to me but they were soaked. When they turned to the side I saw it was Icelyn.

I opened the door immediately and pulled her in. "Why are you here so late? And in the rain your gonna get sick." She looked at me and smiled a little. "I was just in the neighborhood. Thought i'd stop by and say hi."

"Icelyn i've know you for years i'm not dumb. What's going on? Is it DeAndre?" She went to sit on the steps. "J at first he was the sweetest person in the world, then he turned into satan himself. He never hit me... in front of Seven and Syx, but there is no reason that I should be going through this."

"Then leave." She shook her head. "It ain't that easy Jay." I sat next to her on the steps. "You love him?" She turned to look at me. "Not as much as I love you." She grabbed my face and kissed me softly. I pulled away and stood up. She got up and pulled me towards the couch and she leaned against the arm of the chair. "You know you want this." We fell back on the couch and she kissed me harder then before. Before we knew it the sun was coming up.

"What the hell did we just do?" We we're sitting up against the kitchen counter. How we got here is a mystery. "I have no clue." She got up and rushed to put her now dry clothes on. "I uh... gotta go." I got up and stood against the doorway. "What does this mean?" She walked over to me and shrugged. "Do you really still love me?"

"I wouldn't have made love to you like I did, if I didn't. I just don't want to ever hurt you again."

"You gonna leave him?" She looked down at the floor then back up at me. "I told you it's not that easy Janet." I scoffed. "If you loved me like you said you did then it would be that easy." She walked to the front door and opened the door she looked back at me with tears in her eyes. "I'm pregnant Jay."

—————
i'm backkkkkk with part twooooo!
vote and comment! 💜