22.

Toni
I was at Traci's house with all of the sisters waiting for Icelyn and the girls to arrive. They had no idea that they were coming and they have been wanting to meet the girls for the longest. I told Icelyn that they knew she was pregnant but that was a lie so this will be hilarious.

"I can't believe we only get together for stuff like this." Trina was sitting across from me next to Tamar and I was next to Towanda, Traci was somewhere in the house I just didn't know where. "We are all so busy Trina."

"Yeah but we aren't busy enough to come see a dead person, but we busy to see the living?"

"Apparently." I said while on my phone. I had nothing to say because I definitely wanted to fly in the night before so I could be in and out but mommy wanted us here earlier. "Toni why are you so quiet?"

"I don't have anything to say Towanda." My phone dinged and it was Icelyn telling me she was about to pull up. "You know you really been holding out on us, not calling, not texting, ducked off honestly."

"Not to ducked off because she definitely did a 'exclusive' interview with Keke." I rolled my eyes at Tamar. "Shut up Tamar the fans were asking for an interview, so I gave them one." Traci's doorbell rang and I got up to go answer it. "Toni Michelle this ain't your house to be answering the doors." I flipped Tamar off and kept walking. When I answered the door Syx, Jaelyn, Jaylah, and Jaliyah were standing there and Icelyn was struggling to get to the door.

"Y'all not going to help your momma up here? She is having your brother or sister." Syx rolled her eyes. "She's in one of her moods she been yelling at us since you dropped us off and she hit Jaeyln for asking a question, so no we aren't helping her."

"She hit her?"

"Yeah I did." All the girls jumped at the sound of her voice and Jaliyah changed the topic of conversation. "Whose house are we at?"

"Traci's now come on in I'll show you to the living room." They all came in and hung their coats up in the closet and followed me into the living room. "Toni who are these people you bringing into my house?" Icelyn wasn't behind us so they couldn't figure out who they were.

"Oh these girls? They're my granddaughters." Everyone's face scrunched up and looked at me. "Last time I checked you only had three granddaughters there's four standing right there."

"Yeah she's mine, I had her." Everyone looked over at Icelyn and smiled. "Hey Ice we missed you! How you been?" Trina asked. "I'm doing great just living and trying to make it through. Introduce yourselves girls."

"I'm Jaylah."

"Jaliyah."

"Jaeyln."

"Syx." The girls laughed. "Whats up with you and numbers Icelyn? Your son now your daughter, why aren't they numbers too?" Icelyn went to go take a seat and me and the girls keep standing. "Seven was a number that repeated and I thought it was cute plus Candice thought it was a name that fit him, then Syx was just cute something that matched her brother. But the girls Janet wanted names and she liked them so I loved them." Everyones face changed when she mentioned Janet and I could tell they wanted to ask questions.

"She coming to the funeral?"

"Uh lets talk about something else, so where's the repast?"

"There isn't one, now back to Janet is she coming?"

"I don't know she's not in my pocket." Icelyn said with an attitude. "Icelyn calm down."

"I'm not calmed up Toni." I know this girl was not trying me, she might be pregnant but I'll gladly lay her out on the floor before she disrespects me and think that its was okay. "Icelyn we aren't going to do this today I don't know what's gotten into you but you will not disrespect me."

"Yeah sure." I took a deep breathe before I told the girls to go into the kitchen. "Traci, Trina, Tamar, and Towanda could you guys show them to the kitchen and maybe get to know them I need to talk with her." They all got up and practically ran to the kitchen.

"Icelyn you need to calm down okay, this baby won't stop me from whipping your ass. It seems like you've been in a bad mood all day and I'm not Janet or your children I will not stand here and allow you to disrespect me, just because you're mad at the world doesn't mean you take it out on other people. Get yourself together!" She wiped her tears and got up.

"Oh so now you wanna cry?"

"Look you don't understand okay." She tried to walk away but I pulled her back. "Make me understand!" She ran her hand through her hair, "She was the first mother I ever knew, the first person to love me, and was always there when I went through the toughest times of my life. She knew... she knew about DeAndre, she knew about the abortions, the miscarriages, everything and now I have to come all this way to bury her! I have to go!" I grabbed her and tried to hug her but she pulled away from me.

"STOP TOUCHING ME! SYX, JALIYAH, JAEYLN, JAYLAH LET'S GO!" They came running in and so did my sisters. "No Icelyn you're not taking them while you're like that and you're not driving."

"Watch me!" She went to the closet to get her coat but I closed the door when she tried to open it. "Move Toni!"

"NO! I said I'm not letting you leave like this you could kill yourself and the baby!"

"Stop saying baby! It's babies as in more than one and I won't."

"BABIES?!?" Everyone including myself yelled out. "Yes! Girls call me when you want me to come get you and call your mom and tell her y'all landed."

"Wait I wanna go with you!" Jaliyah said and ran to catch up with her. I couldn't even tell her to come back because I was still stuck that she was having more than one child.