5.

not edited
Icelyn
We had just got out of the shower when our phones kept going off. I turned my phone off but Janet kept her's on. We were laying down in the bed just talking when Toni busted through the door. "This is why y'all not answering the phone?"

"What is all the phone calls about?" She grabbed the remote and turned it to the news. "Choreographer Gil Duldulao has been involved in a head on collision. All we know so far is one person was dead on scene we don't know who yet, we'll keep you guys posted."

"Oh shit." I admit I don't like Gil but that's Janet's best friend and if was injured then it was my job to comfort her in this time of need... even though I was jumping for joy.

"Toni can you please go downstairs." She nodded and left the room. Janet went into the bathroom and locked the door. "Janet, baby, open the door. You don't need to be alone right now. Come out so we can go see what's wrong with him." I heard nothing. "Janet, baby?" I went downstairs and Toni was in the kitchen eating an orange, damn.

"Toni I honestly don't kno- know what to say." The smell of the orange was making me very sick. I didn't plan on telling anyone about the pregnancy until later, so getting sick in front of Toni was not in the plan.

"Why are you down here? Janet is upstairs possibly mourning and your talking to me." She got closer to me and I gagged. "She locked her self in the bathroom. I tried to talk her out but she didn't come out." I went to sit at the table and she followed.

"Want some?" She held out an orange slice. "No please, please move away. Your making me sick Toni." She nodded and moved. "Maybe I can talk to her."

"There's  no need, Ice go put some clothes on we are going to the hospital to see him." I nodded and ran not because I was eager to go check on him I honestly could careless, more so because I was going to throw up.

Janet
I couldn't feel a thing. I was numb to everything that's why I needed to take a moment to myself in the bathroom. I had to go check on Gil regardless of what he did in the past he still was my brother, my bestfriend.

"I'm ready." I grabbed my bag and go in Toni's car. She wouldn't want to ride in mines after me and Icelyn's fun. After twenty minutes we reached the hospital and I jumped out of the car. "Hi i'm here for Gil Duldulao."

"Oh yes he's in surgery. He's not the one that died. His passenger did though. It was some guy mid thirties, we haven't identified him yet but if he would've had a seatbelt on he could've survived." Hearing those words finally gave me reason to breathe because he wasn't dead but unfortunately someone's child was.

"When can be have visitors?"

"When he's back home he can, not here. His husband gave us very strict instructions on visitors." I was taken back by that word husband because it made no sense. How could my bestfriend be married and I know nothing about it.

"Husband? He has no husband there must be a mistake." She shook her head no. "No there's no mistake. I'm sorry Ms. Jackson but your not allowed back, you have to leave now."

I left without a fight but best believe I was confused as hell. I got back into the car and they asked me a ton of questions. "They wouldn't let me go back because of his husband."

"Husband?" The screamed at the same time. "That's exactly what I said. They must be smoking crack."

"Or your bestfriend isn't really your bestfriend anymore." Icelyn mumbled. "I heard that your not funny. Let's go get some lunch I need something on my stomach."

"Yeah instead of in your stomach?" Who do you think you guys are? Comedians? Cause I ain't laughing. Just drive please."