12.

Seven

It was five o'clock in the evening and I had calling my mother for hours now. I know she's a heavy sleeper but damn she slept for longer then 12 hours. Everyone has been here for almost an hour and they are all staring at me.

"I'm sorry guys I'm trying but she's not answering. Maybe when she gets up she'll be here but uh Janet should be on her way. Oh and Janet has no idea why she's here so we have to ease it on her."

"No problem Seven you want a snack?" Imani's mother Candace asked me. "No thank you I'm gonna go call again, I'll be back." I got up and called Janet this time. She answered on the final ring. "Hey baby I'm outside open the door." Thank God someone can be on time. "Okay." I hung up and went to open the door.

"Hey ma." We hugged and I walked her into the living room. The conversation was going to be held over an early dinner that's why we couldn't start without everyone being here.

"Hey Ms. Jackson how have you been? Long time no see." We walked over to the couch and sat down. "I've been getting by can't complain." No one knew my parents were trying to get back together except the family so this dinner should be interesting especially since neither one of them know the other is here. 

Icelyn 

I was beyond tired from yesterday I had a lot of making up to do because I did act like an ass. I got up and went to take my shower and did not look at the time once. I was in the shower for a good thirty minutes before I realized that I had somewhere to be. 

"Oh my shit, I slept this long?!! I'm so late. I need to call Seven." Seven picked up on the first ring. "MA! Were have you been? I was worried something had happened to you! You know you're late right. Everyone is here and the food is getting cold. So please bring your ass."

"WOAH! Hold the fuck up, did you just cuss at me? I don't know who you think you're talking to but just because you got your lil girlfriend pregnant doesn't mean speak to me any kind of way. You are still my child I will slap the hell outta you through this phone. Now start over. Matter of fact i'll be there in ten minutes." I hung up and got dressed. I grabbed my purse and keys and it only took me ten minutes to get there. The door was already open so I just walked in. I followed the smell of food and ended up in the dining room.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late I was really tired." I looked up and immediately locked eyes with Janet. Great. Just great. The seat that was left for me was directly in front of Janet. I walked over and sat down. "So have you guys started talking yet?" 

"No we were waiting for you but I guess we can start now. I want to thank you for coming over and supporting Imani when she first found out and for not putting your thoughts onto her and making sure she choose the right option. You also gave her the strength to come tell us so I'm glad you did that too." I was taking a sip of water when Candace first started speaking but by the time she was done I was choking on the water. I looked up and Seven and Janet were staring wholes into my face. 

"I'm glad she could trust me with such a big situation."

"Wait, wait, how long did you know ma?" 

"Not that long maybe a day or three, nothing too serious." 

"Wait hold up. Why are we here? I thought this was just a dinner." Janet was in the clouds because she had no idea what was happening. "Seven she was the first person I told." Seven then focused her attention on Imani. 

"Why? She didn't get you pregnant, I DID!" 

"PREGNANT? Woah that's why we are here because she's pregnant? And to top it all off Icelyn you knew and didn't tell me?"

"Lets not go there okay Janet because when I did try to tell you, you called me irritating. You would've known if you weren't being such an ass that day."

"So its my fault I don't know because you wanted to come and bother me?"

"Yeah I didn't stutter did I?"

"Yeah okay whatever but why didn't you tell me first?"

"Because I knew what you were going to say an I didn't want to hear it at that time." 

"What was I going to say Imani? Since you know me so well."

"You would've want to keep the baby because the same day we had sex I told you we need to go get a plan b and you got mad and said 'would having a baby with me be that bad?' that's how I know you would've want to keep it."

"Would've? So you killed my baby?"

"I didn't say I killed our baby but if I did you couldn't be mad about it, it's my body Seven!" Seven didn't respond but instead got up and left. Imani got up and went after him but he pulled off by the time she got to the door. She walked back into the dinning room and tears were threatening to come out of her eyes. 

"Whenever you get a chance tell Seven that he's gonna be a daddy, so when he grows up he knows where to find me." She wiped he tears and went upstairs. I said goodbye to Candace and her wife and left but not before Janet called after me.

"What Janet?" I turned around to face her. "Come speak with me in the car please. We went to my car and sat in silence before she started talking. "Look I'm sorry for not talking to you about dating someone and then having their baby, but that's a sore subject because he didn't survive birth and I barely did that's why I'm excited for your baby. So can we stop being children and you come back home with me please baby." I went in for a kiss and she kissed me back. 

"I'm sorry... for everything. I love you."

"I love you too."