17.

not edited!

Toni

I was home laying down in the dark after what seemed like forever Bryan finally walked into the house. I turned over and pretended I was sleep. We had set a date for dinner tonight but he missed the dinner and left me sitting at the table looking like an idiot. He walked into the room and took his clothes off and got in bed and went straight to sleep.

He at least could've woken me up or tried to kiss me. I got out of the bed and went downstairs to get some ice cream but I saw his phone on the couch and it was constantly going off. It was three in the morning who could possibly be texting him this late. I went over and checked his phone.

"No Toni you're married and what is a marriage without trust? You do not need to check this mans phone because he isn't dumb enough to cheat on you." But there was a voice deep inside that said check it because niggas are dumb.

I looked through his phone for almost two hours before I finally had enough of the crying. I rather him get someone pregnant then what he did. I went upstairs back into the room and packed as many bags as I could and threw them in the car. I went back upstairs and punched him in the chest.

"Toni what the FUCK is wrong with your crazy ass!" He jumped up and held his chest. "There's nothing wrong with me but there is something wrong with you."

"What are you talking about Toni?! There's nothing wrong with me you're the one who came up here and punched me in my sleep. You could've killed a nigga."

"Oh so you don't know what you've been doing? For weeks you've distant and I've wondered why and now I know and I just want you to be a man about it and tell me before I expose your ass." He was real quiet now. "Hello!!"

"Look Toni there's nothing going on I promise you. I love you." I scoffed and pulled out his phone and threw it at him. "Then whose Courtney huh? What you trying to lie for huh?"

"She's just a friend baby I met her when you were..."

"Exactly can't even finish your lie because you don't know what to say. I think you should learn how to keep your hoes in check and tell them not to text you when you're around me." I walked to the bedroom door and turned around.

"You might wanna go to the doctors it seems as though your bitch might have given you Chlamydia... and to think I was going to let you fuck, I just dodged a bullet. Oh and I want a divorce." I took off my ring and threw it at him. I ran out the house and pulled off I went to the nearest hotel. 

I walked in and went to the desk. "Oh my God it's Toni Braxton!" 

"Hey can I get a room please." She handed me a key. "Its one fifty a night, but i'll just let them take it out of my check fill free to stay as long as you want." Aw what a sweetheart. "No please let me pay for it."

"No sorry I can't do that have a nice stay." I walked away and made sure to remember her name, I ran back to her. "Please don't tell anyone I'm staying here." She nodded and went back to doing her job. When I got to my room on the top floor I realized the rate she told me had to be discounted because the room went for at least three hundred a night. 

I dropped my bags off on the couch and jumped in the bed and called Icelyn. "Hey T everything okay?" Icelyn answered the phone as if something was wrong. "Yes, yes I'm fine I just needed to talk to you. I couldn't call any of my sisters because they would be going to jail."

"And what makes you think I won't go to jail?" I laughed at her. "Your pregnant and Janet wouldn't even let you out the house." 

"Whatever, what's up it is like six in the morning Toni." I sighed before I spoke. "I'm getting a divorce." She could've at least warned me before she screamed she damn near busted my ear drum. "Why!? What did the nigga do?" 

"He was cheating and probably caught a STI." 

"EWW! Who wants his ass anyway he ain't exactly eye candy. Ouuu my bad Toni, but at least we all knew it wasn't going to work that's why you kept your house" I didn't say anything. "Wait you kept your house right Toni. OH MY GOD! YOU DIDN'T, WHY NOT!?"

"Because I had faith in my marriage Ice." 

"Well it wasn't strong enough. What happened to all the stuff you told me before I married Janet? You said always have a back up plan because forever isn't always." I wiped my tears and sniffled. "I know you not crying Toni. If you don't wipe your eyes dust yourself off and move on he obviously wasn't the one. They say the third time is the charm, hell look at Janet." I laughed.

"Yeah I guess so, but we'll see. Aye don't tell Janet or your aunts."

"Trust I won't as long as you don't tell your sisters I'm pregnant."

"Oh uh.."

"You told them!?!? Janet's family doesn't even know where together again I was waiting to tell everyone together Toni!!" 

"My bad I didn't know."

"Whatever goodnight Toni and don't forget we having dinner here tonight." 

"I won't see you then love you."

"Love you too." I hung up and went to sleep. I could finally sleep in peace with a little happiness.