15.

not edited!
Janet

We were on our way to the doctors office for our appointment when someone called Icelyn's phone. "Hey how you feeling? I'm doing great make sure that you taking good care of yourself. I'll tell him when we get home and he'll be there if not i'll kill him. Okay see you sweetie." Sweetie!?!? Oh uh uh no no.

"Who was that baby?"

"Oh just Imani returning my call."

"What were you calling her for?" She laughed at me. "Girl you sound so jealous I don't want that little girl she's carrying my grandchild I'm just making sure she's taking care of herself properly. I know what it feels like to be pregnant and alone at seventeen."

"That's what her parents are for Icelyn she doesn't need you."

"You really think I want her? Baby your all the woman I need okay?"

"Apparently not if so we wouldn't have Syx." That came out so wrong and I really didn't mean it the way it sounded.

"Janet don't make me slap you. We were having a good day, we are actually going to find out if this baby is a boy or girl and you want to start a fight. Listen I understand I cheated and ran away from you I get that but you can not keep throwing it in my face every chance you get. YES I got pregnant and YES I cheated but do NOT make me feel bad about having my beautiful baby girl that's where I cross the line. She had absolutely no control over the situation." She was crying and leaning against the door trying to get as far away from me as possible.

"You know I didn't even mean it like that baby. I love Syx with all my heart its just you said something and I reacted. Wrong way to react and I'm sorry for that I love you and your number line baby I promise." I pulled into the parking lot and she didn't respond. I got out and opened her door. We walked in and she sat down as I signed her in. Not five minutes later we were called back.

"Dr. Keys will be in to show you what you're having shortly."

"Okay thank you."

"Soooo you really not going to talk to me?" The door opened and in walked Dr. Keys. He was fine too fine that I think we need another doctor because of the way Ice was staring. "You two have any names for the baby?"

"Eissa for a boy and Candice for a girl."

"Oh those names are so cute! So is this your mother-in-law Icelyn?" Me and Icelyn looked at one another as she winked at me. "No. Just tell me what the gender of the baby is please."

"Okay... well here's Eissa anddd Candice." If I wasn't already sitting I would be on the floor.

"As in more than one? Like twins?" He nodded his head. "Yes ma'am, you can pick the pictures up from the front desk and i'll see you next time to choose the birth method and talk due dates." Before he could leave I got up to kiss Icelyn slow and sloppy, Mother-in-law my ass!

"You're so petty... I love it." She got up off the table. "I know you do, come on let's go." I slapped her ass and we left.