Chapter 26 Omega Rights

Stephen's Pov:

"Oh no..." I heard Tony mumble making me give him a confused look when a familiar scent reached my nose...Rhodey and...Pepper? They walked out of the elevator arguing about something. "No, Stop," Tony said getting in between the two.

"Tony, I need you to sign some things...Stephen to." Pepper said.

"Fuck no!" Rhodey snarled. "This isn't fucking cool!" Rhodey snapped.

"To bad! It'll be nice knowing someone will actually be taking care of Tony for once and teaching him how to be a real omega." Pepper snapped...Excuse me? I saw the hurt in Tony's eyes and held in a growl.

"He is an omega!" Rhodey snapped and I agree with Rhodey.

"A bad one! He can't even take care of himself or listen to other alphas!" Pepper snarled and Tony shrunk back.

"You're as bad as Hammer!" Rhodey snapped.

"Says the guy that attacked him in there dorm cause he was in heat." Pepper sneered and Rhodey glared at her.

"Guys," Tony said.

"Stay out of it!" They both snapped and Tony flinched a bit...Ok, that's it. I got up and walked over forcing them apart.

"Would you two stop your show of dominance because all it's doing is making you both look like idiots." I snapped and Pepper blinked.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

"Oh no," Tony whispered.

"I took care of Tony way before you so stay out of it." She growled and I felt a growl rise in my throat as I looked at her.

"Tell me what you want," I said.

"It's papers...You'll be Tony's official Alpha." Pepper said holding up a pile of papers but that's not what made my heart sink...there was a velvet box under the papers.

"What is that?" I asked and saw Rhodey stiffen.

"You can't be fucking serious!" Rhodey snapped.

"It's Tony's collar...It'll have your name on it." Pepper said...Collar?

"He's not some damn pet!" I snarled and she looked a little surprised.

"I know that! It's for his protection!" Pepper growled back.

"I'm not forcing him to wear that! It's sick!" I snapped.

"You had no problem sinking your teeth into his neck to protect him." She said and I froze...I felt my hands try to make fists as I stood there numbly...She's not wrong and it sickens me because some part of me is pleased with the idea of Tony wearing a collar with my name on it.

"Jesus...What the hell is wrong with you!?" Tony snarled making me look at him surprised as he got between me and Pepper...

"You protected your alpha?" I had asked and she smiled.

"Of course...He always protected me so it's only fair I return the favor." She had said.

"How?" I had asked.

"I don't know...I just knew I had too...He needed me." She had said. He needed me...I looked at Tony as Pepper snarled at Tony who did not back down as he growled back.

"Do not talk to him like that again!?" Tony growled.

"Back off, Tony." Pepper said and Tony crossed his arms my inner Alpha pleased at him standing his ground.

"No...You back off." Tony said.

"Uh." We all looked at Bruce and Clint.

"Everything alright?" Clint asked.