Chapter 38 Baby

Tony's Pov:

"You want to go into rut?" I asked stunned.

"T'Challa said it might help calm me down." Stephen said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Not at all." Stephen said.

"Come here, Stephy." I said softly and he walked toward me as I pulled him into a hug. "You were stuck in rut for a long time so I doubt that's what you need...I think you just need a break." I said and I gave him a lost look. "I told you to tell me if you were getting burnt out so I called Wong and he promised to leave you alone for a week." I added.

"Tony." Stephen said softly.

"So...let's have a week together and just relax. I do have the pool and hot tube." I said and he chuckled. "I'm sorry I got mad at you...I know you were just trying to keep me safe." I said.

"No, Anthony." Stephen said and I looked at him. "I'm sorry...It is your tower and I know you can protect yourself and them...I know your smart and strong." Stephen said softly and I didn't realize we were swaying to some unheard beat. "I know I could never have asked for someone as special as you." Stephen said softly letting his forehead rest against mine making me close my eyes.

"Says the best Alpha ever." I said softly.

"I'm not though..." He said and I opened my eyes to see the guilt in his eyes.

"You are...I said you were the best not that you were perfect. You're human Steph and you make mistakes...I make mistakes...But no matter how bad you fuck up, I'll always love you." I said honestly and his breath caught as I looked into his eyes watching them soften.

"The same goes for you, love." He said softly making me smile.

Bruce's Pov:

"Uno!" Tony shouted and Peter laughed after making Clint draw 8 cards.

"This game is rigged." Clint said and Nat snorted.

"Sore loser." Nat said and Bucky laughed.

"I won hours ago so I have no idea why you are all still playing." Stephen said as he read a book.

"Because someone has to be in second." Clint said.

"Wait we are playing for second?" Tony asked.

"Yes." Sam said.

"Fuck this...I'm not about that life." Tony said making me laugh as he struggled to get up. Stephen was quick to help him.

"Quitter." Clint said.

"No...I just know if you're not first your last." Tony said.

"Ok Ricky Bobby." Sam mumbled.

"You going to raise kids with that belief?" Clint asked.

"Of course because they'll always be first just like Peter." Tony said.

"I got second place at the science fair." Peter said looking confused as Wade offered comfort.

"See...He was first at getting second." Tony said and we all laughed.

"Your kids are going to be spoiled to hell." Bucky said.

"Lies...I'll only spoil them slightly." Tony said.

"Yeah...Uncle Bruce will be the spoiler." I said.

"Uncle?" Tony asked and I looked at him. "Fine...I mean you are already the godfather." Tony said and my eyes widened.

"Really?" I asked.