Chapter 33 Getting Worse

Tony's Pov:

I curled further into the warmth nuzzling it...Stephen. I know that scent anywhere...I felt arms wrapped around me tighten slightly as a nose was pressed into my hair. I cracked my eyes open and saw him smile at me...His pupils still huge...So he's still sick. I feel like I took advantage of him...

"Morning." I said and he made a soft rumbling noise in his throat that was kind of calming. "Hopefully Bruce and I can find something to fix you...As much as I love your Alpha side I miss you being you." I said and he grinned and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I'm glad your not like them...I'd not be able to leave you." I said and touched his cheek. He grabbed my wrist and pressed a kiss to the palm of my hand. "I love you." I said softly and Stephen smiled pulling me close pressing kisses all over my face making me laugh. He rolled us to where he was above me and nuzzled my temple before going back to kissing me.

"Steph...stop." I laughed as he pressed kisses all over my face. He made a purr noise eyes filled with happiness which made my heart flutter...I'm glad he's happy. I got up and got dressed with Stephen hovering the whole time.

"What's up?" I asked seeing Sam, Clint, Nat, and Bruce watching TV.

"Barnes is locked in the hulk room." I froze...What!?

"Why?" I asked.

"He's got it now." Sam said and looked at Stephen.

"Bucky's so nice though...I thought he'd be like Steph." I said.

"He was." Bruce said frowning.

"Was." Clint said and I noticed how they were looking at Stephen.

"They are getting worse." Nat said and I followed her eyes to the TV. My eyes widened as a news anchor was attacked by a snarling alpha sinking it's teeth into her which made me flinch. Stephen made a little whine as I swallowed...If they get worse...Then...I looked at Stephen and saw him watching me with a strange look in his eyes.

"Strange is a ticking time bomb." Clint said.

"He's not...He's fine." I said not really believing it now.

"Tony...I know you love him but he'd never forgive himself if he hurt you." Bruce said.

"He won't hurt me." I growled and frowned...I stared at the TV watching as Alphas were being tranquilized and how they were attacking there mates...It said they became more aggressive over time.

"Tony." Bruce sighed.

"Wont..." I froze and we all looked at Stephen who had said that so softly. He looked at me. "Won't hurt." He said softly.

"He's talking?" Clint asked.

"That's the first time he's said anything." I said. "Stephen?" I asked and he nuzzled my hand that reached up to his face.

"None of them have talked." Sam said.

"They haven't..." Bruce said looking at us curiously.

"You promise you won't hurt, Stark?" Clint asked.

"I'd never hurt Tony...Love." Stephen said softly and my heart melted.

"What the fuck? How can he talk?" Clint asked.

"He could in rut to." I said.

"Which is also weird." Nat said and I smiled at Stephen.

"I know you wouldn't hurt me but...Something is messing with you and we don't know if you'll stay like this." I said and Stephen growled.

"Red." He said and I frowned.

"Red?" I asked.

"Bucky said red before he became sick." Bruce said.