Chapter 40 A Better End

Stephen's Pov:

"Alright...You look great." Christine said smiling at me as her hands straightened my tie.

"Is the babies alright?" I asked worried.

"Bruce has Harley and let me tell you that man needs to be a dad. Natasha had Beverly and they both look beautiful." Christine said and I nodded.

"Right...good." I said swallowing.

"Oh my god...your nervous." She said. "You can do a heart transplant without hesitation but getting married is what makes you nervous?" She asked.

"Of course...I don't want to mess this up and something could go wrong...What if he gets cold feet? What if he realizes he can do better? What if someone kidnaps him!?" I asked and then froze. "Christine, no one has kidnapped him, right?" I asked and she laughed.

"I'd to see them try with Winter Soldier and Black Panther guarding his room. Plus you know Sam and Clint are both in there with him as well as Pepper." Christine said and there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said and Natasha walked in.

"Well who's this beautiful little princess you have with you?" I cooed and my daughter let go of Natasha immediately making grabby hands at me. I chuckled and lifted the 2 year old into my arms pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"I could smell your nervous from a mile away." Natasha said.

"Is Tony ok?" I asked and she snorted.

"I swear you both...He's fine." She said.

"Come on, Stephen we need to get you out there so Tony can walk out." Christine said and I nodded.

"Be good for your Aunty Natasha, Bevie." I said annd I let her back down. "Natasha please make sure she doesn't violently through flowers at people." I said and Natasha bit her lip probably remembering the practice.

"Yup." She said. We left and I found Peter who was actually Tony's best man. He was going to have Rhodey do it but he felt Peter deserved it more and Rhodey had been fine with it since he had a more important job.

"Ok..." I swallowed.

"You got this Dr. Dad." Peter said and I huffed at the nickname.

Tony's Pov:

I'm getting married in less than five minutes, and all I can fucking think about is the fucking angle of my sleeves, how fucking stupid the band is going to be, and that I look fat in this suit. Damn anxiety...

"Hey! Genius billionaire philanthropist." I startled and looked at Sam.

"Sorry what was it?" I asked.

"Breathing exercises Tony." Bruce said.

"You're ok and Stephen loves you." Sam said.

"What if this all goes to shit like the practice?" I asked and no one said anything. "Oh fuck." I said.

"Hey no...T called in some of the Dora and they're watching outside...We're not going to have any crazed green goblin guy flying around trying to kill Peter again." Sam said.

"Mainly cause Stephen shoved him through a portal to god knows where." Bruce mumbled.

"And your daughter won't try to murder people with flowers." Pepper said.

"It's fine." Sam said.

"Fuck...I'm so scared." I said.

"Hey I got married in freaking Asgard...that was scary." Bruce said and I laughed remembering how everyone shouted.