13. G

Christopher Brown

I woke up to the sound of a ringtone other than mine. Aya had her once straight, poofy haired head laid on my tatted chest, her breathing soft. It took me a moment to realize she was completely naked, giving me a chance to take in what I was really viewing. Shit, her phone.

I picked it up to see the caller ID belonging to Lucas. Oh, this is perfect. I didn't hesitate to take her phone off of the charger and bring it to my ear, answering his call.

"Hello?" I answered with a smirk.

"Uh, who is this?" He sounded confused as hell. Her daddy, bitch.

"Who is this? You the one calling." I can't stand when people do that. The fuck is you calling me for if you don't know who I am?

"I don't have time to play on the phone. Where's Aya?" So, this nigga hears me answer my girlfriend's phone, and still has the nerve to be asking for her.

"She sleep. I can take a message." I raised my brow.

"Ask her if we're still gonna go on that second date." He said. I furrowed my brows deeply and screwed my face up.

"Now I oughta beat yo' ass. Calling my girl phone on some wack-" Before I got the chance to finish, the call ended. I kissed my teeth and threw her phone back on the dresser.

I glanced over at Aya, who was still sound asleep. Her mouth was opened slightly, but she looked so peaceful. Watching her sleep made me want to doze off myself, but I wanted to stay awake as well. I really wanna know why Aya got this nigga calling her phone talking about a second date. She told me I couldn't talk to, fuck, call, look at, or think about other bitches, but got a whole nigga on her line. Hypocrite.

I heard mumbling and felt shuffling on Aya's end. She tucked her hand under her head as her eyes fluttered open. They almost closed themselves back, but she refrained from letting that happen. Her eyes traveled the room, before landing on my dark eyes. She sat up and went to use the bathroom, but I stopped her.

"Um, hi?" She chuckled nervously and tried to move around me, but I stepped in front of her again.

"Did you need something? Cause you're being weird."

"Yeah, I do need something. I need to know why that nigga was calling you on some bullshit." I pointed to her phone that was now unplugged and sitting on my nightstand.

"Be specific." She said as she grabbed her phone and went to her call log. Her face dropped and she did the biggest eye roll when she saw the answered call from Lucas.

"Is that specific enough for you?" I crossed my arms and mugged her.

"No, I still don't know what bullshit he called me on." She continued to scroll on her phone, though I wasn't sure what she was doing.

"He asked when you two were going on a second date." I informed her. Her face went blank for a second, curved into a smile, then she burst into laughter.

"I don't see what's funny. Please tell me, I wanna laugh too." I squinted at her as she continued to laugh hysterically. She's testing my patience.

"Chris, I haven't spoken to Lucas in several days. Last time I saw him was when he bought me that drink at the Clive Davis party. It's been 4 days." She stopped laughing, but a faint grin painted her lips.

"If you haven't spoke to him, why the fuck is he calling you talking about a second date?" I know for sure she's hiding something.

"I don't know, take that up with him." She finally brushed past me and went into the bathroom, running the faucet. She opened my medicine cabinet and took out the toothbrush she always left here.