Chap. 62 • "Denial"

Trimester 1
Month 3, Week 3
(Time skip because why tf not.)
Aya Weathers

"Chris, can you bring me something to drink?" I called after him as I lied on his couch, eating a combination of foods from McDonald's. I don't even like McDonald's like that, but the little one says otherwise.

"Aya, you already have to pee like every 5 damn minutes. Plus, what happened to the large fruit punch I got you?" He asked me.

"What the hell do you think happened? I drank it like a normal person would." I rolled my eyes.

"A normal person doesn't drink an entire large fruit punch, go through 20 chicken
nuggets, a large fry, an Oreo Frosty, and continues to be hungry. Ain't you supposed to be eating healthy?" Chris raised an eyebrow at me.

"So what you tryna say, I'm fat or some shit like that?" I asked with an attitude.

"No, baby—"

"Fuck it, guess I gotta do everything my damn self." I stood up slowly and slipped my slides onto my feet, shuffling into the kitchen. As I bent down to open the fridge, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I furrowed my brows and pressed three fingers into the area, breathing heavy.

The pain subsided for a moment, but only came back as quickly, causing me to drop the carton of Minute Maid. I leaned against the counter and rubbed my stomach, groaning as the pain only grew worse. I felt something trickling down my pants leg and widened my eyes.

"No, it's too early... No,this isn't making sense." I shook my head and stared down at the mess.

"Chris, I think my water broke. It doesn't make sense, but I know I didn't pee myself." I turned around to see him gone. Just not in the room.

"Chris!" I called after him, waddling towards the stairs. "Christopher!" The pain only grew worse by every failed summoning. I dropped to my knees and cradled myself, tears streaming down my face from the unbearable pain.

"Maurice!" I cried out, still getting no response.

Where is Chris when you need him? Gone.

Christopher Brown

A knock at the door startled me as I smoked a blunt. I kissed my teeth and rolled my eyes, motioning for the female on my lap to move. I stood up and opened the door, seeing Tory standing there.

"What's good, my nigga?" I dapped him up and stepped to the side to let him in.

"What was yo' ass doing up in here? I interrupt something?" He motioned to the two half naked ladies on the couch.

"Nah, I already did what I had to do. They just vibing. Wassup wit' you though?" We took a seat back on the couch where I originally was. He pulled out a pre-rolled and lit it, taking a long drag.

"Shit, nothing much. Gonna get back in the studio soon. I was hoping to get Aya's help, but I don't wanna bother her. I don't think she's been really getting out of bed much anyway. Shit is tough for her right now." He scratched his head and brushed his hair back down.

"What's up with her?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He turned to look at me like I was crazy. I kissed my teeth and glared at him.

"Don't ask me no dumb shit like that 'cause you know good and well," He shook his head and brought the blunt back to his lips. "Also, she just found out her mom has cancer, and has two months left to live. Well, a month now."

"You for real? God damn, girl just ain't been catching a break. She still don't know who murdered her brother either, do she?" I rubbed my neck.

"Nah, man. She just so stressed out, I'm a lil' worried about her," He shook his head and glanced over at the lady setting next to him. "No offense, but this shit really ain't gon' help you, my nigga."