Chap. 41 • "Pull Up"

Aya Weathers

Indigo is almost ready to be put out, we're still getting the track list in order. Now that me and Chris are back on somewhat decent terms, way more is getting done. We actually recorded way more than intended, so a lot of these songs will be unreleased.

"Okay let's run through it one more time." I told Chris as we were busy composing a single that he was probably never gonna release cause he's bitch made like that. Stopping my damn bag, and disappointing his fans at the same damn time.

"How many times we gone do this shit? Can we please record it and get it over with?" He groaned and leaned back in his seat.

"When we record it I wanna get through in one take. If we perfect it now, that'll be much easier. Ain't like you finna release this shit no way."

If he does release it, it's gonna be after Storm comes out. The song is a duet, and I really fuck with it that way.

"I will release it. I want your first song to be with me." He grinned slightly.

"Sure, come on." I restarted the instrumental and pulled up the lyrics.

"On to the next, already forgot ya like I never knew ya. Watch me pull up in that Phantom while I'm livin' in Miami—" Chris interrupted me before I could finish.

"You sure you wanna keep that? It sounds more like some'n I would say." He tilted his head to the side.

"I can flex too. Don't get me twisted." I shook my head.

"You right. Gon' head, shorty." He nodded in agreement.

"Got my heart rollin' dice in a centerfold. Should've listened when I told ya. Should have never played the games. 'Cause I been a woman too long. And my fall back game too strong. Now you blowin' up my phone. Talkin' all the shit I would have, but the moment's gone."

I was high-key talking my shit in this song. He was too, but neither of us took it to heart. We're trying to move past that. The choosy lyrics were for the sake of the theme of the song.

"And now I'm numb and my heart is made of stone, oh. Oh, look what you done. You gon' make me pull up on you with the next bitch right now. Ain't no tellin' what I might do from now."

See what I mean? He talking his shit too.

"Oh, and now we're over and done. If you didn't know that I'm that bitch, bet you know now. If you didn't know, bet you know now." I was putting my heart and soul into this part. It's most definitely my favorite.

"Wait, pause," Chris interrupted, causing me to scowl. I paused the instrumental and looked at him with bored eyes. "So you don't like when people call you a bitch, but you refer to yourself as one?"

"Correction, there's a difference between being a bitch and being that bitch. I say that I'm that bitch." I shrugged.

"Karilyn calls you a bitch." He mentioned.

"That's different. She calls me bitch because I'm her bitch. She just shortens it to the bitch part." I explained, but he still looked confused.

"So if I called you my bitch would you be mad?"

Wish you would.

"Yes." I answered quickly.

"Why?"

"Simply because I'm not your bitch. Barely your friend. In fact, you calling me a bitch is why I'm not your bitch now. Well, that and the cheating." I shrugged and kept my eyes on him.