Chap. 51 • "Warm Welcome"

Aya Weathers

So my nigga comes home today, and I can't even lie, my excitement is through the roof.

We been going strong for this past month and a half, and I'm glad to say so. Surprisingly, we haven't argued once yet, but I don't want to jinx it. When we do, it's usually just playful, but never to the point where I'll hang up in his face.

When he gets home, I'm pretty sure he'll be tired, so he might go home. That's alright though, I'll just see him early tomorrow morning. Real early tomorrow morning. I'm talking the minute I wake up. 6:00 on the dot.

I received a message from Tony, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Tony
You coming in today?
3:45 P.M

I responded with a simple "yeah" and sighed deeply. I was already dressed and ready to go since I was about to go to the grocery store. I stepped down into my car and turned on the radio, seeing that instead of music playing, there were radio talk show hosts having conversations. As I prepared to switch stations, I heard Chris's name, which caused my ears to perk up.

"All I'm saying is, if you see your ex being happy with someone else, it's just best to let it go."

"Wait, so who's the girlfriend? The way that she talks about him makes it seem like she's the one with him."

"Aya is the girlfriend, Ammika is the ex. According to Aya, Chris has her number blocked, but if that's true, why is Ammika just now posting these messages as if she was intending to expose him?"

Messages? What messages? The hell am I listening to?

"Well, what was the date on the messages?"

"Uh, I'm looking at them now, but the picture is cropped weird so you can't see a date on the thread."

How you got proof, but don't have it at the same time? Clown.

"Now we all know how Chris can be sometimes. But this just doesn't seem right. I just feel like something isn't adding up here."

"Me too. I don't think these are recent messages, I mean there's no real proof that they are. Until I see some valid receipts, I'm not gonna assume."

You're right, whoever you are. I wasn't gonna overreact either way, I might've asked him about it, and I might still ask, but I'm not tripping off of nothing. Guess I gotta start doing that more.

I went on the Shaderoom to see the messages they were referring to, and there weren't many. The messages weren't very appropriate, however, none of them mentioned me, so it could be old for all I know.

I shrugged it off and turned off my phone, choosing that I would just mention it later.

Once I got inside the store, I received a call from Chris. Luckily, we're back in the same time zone since his last show was out here.

"Hello?" I put in my other earbud while pushing the cart.

"Look, I know you probably saw the Shaderoom posts and you're probably mad—"

"Chris, I'm not mad." I chuckled and placed a bag of apples into my cart.

"Wait, for real?" He sounded surprised.

"I'm letting it go. There's nothing to be mad over. That girl been tryna break us up before we were even back together." I scoffed and shook my head, stealing a grape.

I'm sorry, but you ain't black if you ain't never ate grapes out of the bag at the store when you were younger. I mean they just be leaving them open, so...