Chap. 53 • "Intuition"

in·tu·i·tion
/ˌint(y)oˈiSH(ə)n/
noun
the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning.

October 31st
Aya Weathers

"Chris, can you hand me the other roll of tape? This one is empty." I tossed it to the side in the pile with the rest of the trash. We were currently trying to decorate my house since Chris felt it needed to be more "open to theme". I don't get why we're doing the inside though, it's not like anybody is coming in.

Getting no response from him, I got irritated.

"Chris, pass me the tape, my arm is getting tired." I told him while keeping my attention on the paper bat I was trying to keep aligned with the rest of the ones on the wall. I turned around to see Chris lying on the couch with a blanket on, sleeping.

I kissed my teeth and stepped down from the ladder, approaching him cautiously. He looked peaceful, but I didn't care.

"Get yo' ass up!" I snatched the blanket off of him and he rolled off of the couch, hitting the floor with a loud thud.

"You did all that pressuring for me to decorate this god damn house and you ain't even helping me!" I fussed at him.

"I got tired." He groaned and rose from the floor.

"You ain't did shit!" I yelled. He waved me off, causing me to grumble.

I heard a knock at the door, only irritating me more. I swung it open to see Sevion standing there with Kenya.

"What brings you guys here?" I asked, stepping to the side.

"Hey, sis. I was wondering if you could do me a favor and watch Kenya tonight and take her trick or treating. Mia and I got some things to do."

Royalty was already here because we were gonna go trick or treating. I know Sev hasn't been out here too long so maybe Kenya can make a new friend.

"I don't see why not." I smiled as she eagerly wrapped herself around my legs.

"You're a lifesaver. Alright, Ken you be good and I'll come get you later tonight." He bent down and kissed her cheek, handing me a bag.

"Her costume is in there. I'll see you later." He kissed mine quickly and was off of the porch in a split second.

"Okay, anyways. What are you gonna be tonight, princess?" I asked her.

"It's a surprise." She giggled and took the bag out of my hands, shielding it from me.

"Oh, alright. I guess we'll find out soon then." I tickled her side.

"I didn't know you had a little sister." Chris spoke up coming from the kitchen.

"I don't. This is my niece, Kenya. Kenya, this is my boyfriend, Chris and his daughter, Royalty." I formally introduced all of them. Kenya waved shyly.

"Bro, that's crazy. She looks just like you. Does everybody in your family have pretty genes? What did ya' momma look like?" He stared at her with wide eyes.

"In my opinion, Sev and I don't look alike. He looks like our mom and I look like my dad. But she resembles me and my dad, so I don't know." I played with her thick curls as her and Royalty had a stare off.

"Do you like LOL Surprise Dolls?" Royalty spoke up sheepishly. Kenya stepped from behind my leg and nodded with a large smile on her face.

"I have a lot. You wanna see?" She held out her hand. Kenya took her hand and they both ran towards my room.