Chap 26 • "Misconceptions"

Aya Weathers

"Wait, what? I don't understand." Ammika blinked with furrowed brows. What do you not understand? You slept with my man.

"You've been pregnant for three weeks, me and Chris have been together for 6. Something ain't adding up here." I shook my head and took out my phone to dial Chris.

"Oh my god, this makes it even worse. I didn't realize you two were actually together, I thought you were still doing the thing where y'all pretend like y'all ain't got feelings for each other, and you act like you hate him, but on the low y'all fucking— Nevermind." She mumbled and crossed her arms.

"I'm not worried about you, it's that bitch ass nigga." I tapped my foot impatiently as I continued to press the green call button, although the dial tone clicked several times. Where the hell this nigga at?

"I'm about to spazz, why is he not picking up?" I shot him several messages to let him know what the fuck was up. I didn't mention the cheating, I just told him to pick up the phone, stop ignoring me, get his ass to the studio, and he was in trouble.

Just as I was about to dial again, the door cracked open and in walked none other than the man of the hour.

"Oh, hey baby. Hey woman carrying my baby." He grabbed my chin to kiss me, but I slapped his cheek, causing it to turn red. He jerked back quickly and rubbed the side of his face, groaning slightly.

"What the fuck was that for?!" He exclaimed with deeply furrowed brows. He looked sexy as fuck when he was mad, but we ain't worried bout that right now.

"So you just couldn't go 3 weeks without fucking some shit up? And why weren't you answering the damn phone?!" I was talking with my hands, putting attitude in my voice and movements.

"My phone is at home. I just dropped Royalty off. What the hell are you talking about? What did I do in 3 weeks?" He looked genuinely confused. Nah, don't play dumb.

"It all makes perfect sense. Why didn't you tell me how far along she was? You were scared I was gonna do this? Huh?" I shook my head and chuckled in disbelief. I should've known some backwards ass shit like this was gonna happen.

"Aya, I am so confused and you not answering none of my questions. What the hell did I do?" His eyes were widened and I could see the pace and depth of his breathing picking up.

"Chris, why didn't you tell me the two of you were actually together when we did what we did?" Ammika spoke up from behind me, causing me to roll my eyes. She just wanted to say something. It's not like she would've cared anyway.

"What are you even saying? We weren't together, me and you were." He gestured towards her, causing my head to snap back.

"So it was a joke to you? We weren't together, huh? I can't believe you. I gave yo' dumbass a chance and this what the fuck you do." The amount of attitude in my tone would make me mad at myself if I were him.

"Aya, what are you talking about? We've been together for five or six weeks, Ammika is eight weeks pregnant."

Eight? Where the hell did he get eight from?

"You a damn lie. She just told me she was three weeks." I squinted and pulled my lips to the side, indicating that I caught him in his bluff.

"Stop the fucking music," He moved me to the side slightly to face Ammika. "Hoe, you told me you were eight weeks." He pointed at her with furrowed brows as she chuckled.

"Try eight minus five." She seemed to find this amusing, but I didn't.

"So you lied to me?" He seemed to be getting angry himself.