Chap. 40 • "Exclusive"

Aya Weathers

I woke up on the foyer with Royalty under my arm, realizing that she was drooling onto my hand. Too tired to react, I swiftly moved and wiped my hand on the leg of my onesie. I crawled from around her, careful not to wake her up.

I disconnected my phone from the charger and flipped it over, seeing that it was 10:08. The only notifications were a text from Tony asking me to come into the studio today, and several Instagram notifications. I was being tagged in the same post.

Hesitantly, I clicked on one of the notifications, seeing that it was a Shaderoom post. We starting bright and early huh?

It was one of the pictures that Royalty took of the two of us last night in our matching pajamas, except it was on Chris's page and it was captioned "ANGELS". Why this nigga always typing in all caps? Fuck he gotta yell for?

The caption on the actual post read:

"#Baewatch #ChrisBrown and his ex-girlfriend and partner in songwriting, #AyaWeathers are rumored to have gotten back together after this picture of her and his daughter, Royalty, was posted onto his Instagram feed. The pair were also spotted at a local Walmart the same night. When asked why she was with Chris's daughter, Aya didn't respond."

He always doing some shit. He knew damn well they was gonna say something. The post was cute though.

Ice cream bowls, a pizza box, and Caprisuns swarmed the floor, leaving evidence of our hungry night. I collected the mess and headed towards the kitchen, interrupted by a knock on the door. I quickly placed the dishes on the island and went to answer the door.

Opening it cautiously, I was met by Chris, who had bags under his eyes and looked as if he had been out night. I mean, he probably was.

"Oh, hey. I just woke up, I haven't woken Royalty up yet. I was gonna make her some waffles, but if you want to take her now, I'll go get her bag together." I told him, not moving away from the door.

He simply glanced at me, then up at the hood of my onesie that fell over my head. He fiddled with one of the ears on it.

"This is cute." He replied before brushing past me and taking a seat on my couch. I rolled my eyes slightly and closed the door, taking the hint that he would be staying for a little bit.

I threw the cardboard box from our pizza into the recycling bin and placed the bowls and spoons into the sink. I got the waffle mix and a jug of milk out of the fridge, along with the waffle maker out of my cabinet.

"What did you two do last night?" Chris spoke up, startling me a bit. He was sitting on the island instead of on the couch where I left him.

"We had ice cream and watched Princess and the Frog." I summed up quickly, focusing on the task at hand. I poured waffle mix into a small styrofoam cup, then some milk shortly after. I mixed furiously, to make sure there were no chunks in there.

"Was she bouncing off of the walls?" He chuckled.

"No, she didn't even finish it. We actually did more talking than anything." I told him honestly. I sprayed cooking oil into the hot waffle maker, then poured the batter into the contraption, closing it and flipping it over.

"Talking? About what?" I dusted my hands off and turned around to face him. 

"It was girl talk. I'm not supposed to tell you." I smiled slightly, but it didn't last long. I went into the fridge and pulled out a few different fruits, mangoes, pineapples, peaches, strawberries, and blueberries.

I got a cutting board and placed the items on it, looking for the sharpest knife I could find.

"Girl talk? Really?" He questioned as he hopped off of the island and came beside me, watching as I cut through the fruits swiftly.