Chap. 49 • "Well Aware"

Aya Weathers

"Fix your face, beautiful. You're too pretty to be frowned up like that." Lindsay tried to cheer me up, but nothing was working.

After our big blowup the other day, Chris isn't speaking to me. We've been through seven shows and he won't even respond when I ask him if he's hungry.

I tried apologizing, but he won't even give me the time of day. We still share rooms when we're at the hotel, but he's barely in there. I spend most of my time writing, while he's usually in one of the boys' rooms laughing it up. It's like I'm not here.

I really feel like I fucked it up this time. He was trying so hard to win my trust back, and I knew he was serious about it. He went out of his way to make me feel special, and I just shut him down.

Now look at me. Sad and shit.

"He won't say a word to me. I feel so out of place, I'm really not having fun anymore. I can't sit here and pretend like it isn't bothering me that he's ignoring me, because it's all I've been thinking about." I forked at my food, not even having an appetite to eat it.

"I'm sure he'll be fine and you two will be the best of friends in a few days. You've just gotta be patient with him, you know he's stubborn." Della took a sip of water.

"But not with me. No matter how mad I make him, he never goes this long without talking to me." I pouted.

"You did kind of embarrass him." Tacir spoke up, not making me feel any better.

"I know, Tacir. I feel horrible, I really do. Every time I try to tell him how sorry I am and that I do want to be with him, he gives me complete shit. I mean seriously, he'll walk away while I'm mid-sentence. Is this how he felt when I ignored him?" I pondered on it.

I don't do much to get others to ignore me, or be legitimately angry with me, so this is pretty new to me. Especially coming from Chris.

"Probably so." Della shrugged.

"Well it fuckin' sucks," I crossed my arms. "I just wanna go home."

"Aw, don't give up so easily." Lindsay tried to encourage me.

"After eight days of being ignored by the person I sleep next to every night, I think I've had enough," I shake my head. "Did he really mean it when he said he was over it? That it was a waste of time?" I frowned.

They were all silent, giving me my answer.

"I'm going to try one more time to talk to him. If I get no luck, I'm taking my ass home. I only came here for him, so without him I have no reason to even stay." I wiped a tear before it even fell.

"Good luck, I really hope he comes around." Tacir rubbed my arm.

"Yeah, I do too."

••••

When I got back into the room, Chris was laying in his bed and watching something on TV. He didn't even glance up at me, but I saw his jaw clench.

"Chris?" I said sheepishly. Of course, no response.

"Chris, can you please just listen to me for one second?" I closed my eyes and breathed. Nothing.

"Fine, I'll say it anyways like I've been saying for the past eight days now. I didn't mean to embarrass you, and I didn't mean to confuse you. If you feel like I wasted your time, I apologize for that too. I didn't take your feelings into consideration, and I didn't acknowledge your efforts."

While I was in the middle of talking he stood up and began to walk over to the bathroom. I rushed over and stood in front of him to stop him.

"Stop fucking walking away from me!" I cried out as he tried to move around me. "I just need you to listen, please."