Chap. 50 • "Exchange"

Aya Weathers

I woke up in my bed, spitting curls out of my mouth. A flat sheet covered my body instead of the covers, which is when I noticed that I was naked. I glanced to my right to see that Chris wasn't next to me, completely confusing me. I threw the sheet off of my body and loosely tied a satin robe around me.

I shuffled over to my mirror to see several hickeys on my neck and a few on my chest. I bit down on my lip hard and couldn't help but smile at the warm feeling I got. Man, this was just what I needed to quit acting up.

I jogged to the kitchen, and a bouquet of thirteen pink roses rested on the counter, catching me off-guard. I picked one up and smelled it, smiling widely as I exhaled. A note was next to it.

"Hey, babygirl.
Sorry I dipped, had to go back for tonight's show.
Enjoy the flowers. I'll call you later.

~ XOXO, C Sizzle"

I chuckled at the alias he chose to go by. Reminds me of when he used to prank call me.

I set the roses in a vase of water and kept them by the windowsill. I heard my phone ringing and thought that it was Chris, but it only turned out to be my brother.

"Helloo?" I answered in a sing-song tone.

"You sound happy." He chuckled.

"I am. What's up?" I searched my fridge for my fruit, slightly disappointed to see that I had no more. I have to go grocery shopping.

"Are you busy today? I was thinking you could come over and meet my family. You know, if that's okay with you." I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh wow, yeah, that actually sounds great. What time? I have to go to the grocery store, but I'm available afterwards." I told him as I went back up to my room. I opened my closet and stared until I spotted something I could wear.

"Any time is good. Sooner than later though."

"Alright. Well, I'm gonna get some stuff done around here first, then I'll call you when I'm in my way. Just send me your address." I pulled out a yellow two piece set and lied it out on my bed.

"Ight, see you in a bit."

Y'all ever get so happy that y'all feel like blasting some music and cleaning the whole house? Yeah, that's how I'm feeling right now. I finally feel like something right is happening in my life.

I connected my phone to the loud speaker and turned on my party playlist. The first song that played was Poppin', which immediately got my adrenaline up and running just from excitement alone.

"Say what yo' name is? Ooh yeah, that fits you girl! Tell me where you headed? Can I walk witcha girl? You got that look in ya eyes that look like you can give ya' boy here a good ole time and I'm on it girl, that's right, I'm on it girl!" I shouted ever so loudly. I'm probably disturbing the neighbors.

Three songs later I was only done with the kitchen. I pressed shuffle again since I wasn't feeling the songs that were playing, and ended up on Sexy. I screwed up my face and had a mental battle with myself before skipping it and going to New Flame.

I'm sorry, I just genuinely don't like that song. Don't attack me.

Once I was done cleaning the house, I took a long shower and washed my hair. The shower was only long because I spent most of my time listening to music. After I was dressed and ready to go, I received a knock on my door. I swung it open, to see Karilyn standing there.