Chapter 1

"Amalia!" My boss, Joe, called from his office.

I sighed and made my way to the back room. My waitress outfit was far too small and the skirt kept riding up and I would constantly have to pull it down.

I remembered complaining to Joe about it and he told me my ass was too big and I should lose a few pounds.

He's such an asshole.

"Yes?" I asked while peeping my head through the doorway.

"You've been on break for too long. You have people waiting for you." He said while taking a long puff of his cigarette.

Joe was a miserable man. He was in his late 40's and his brown hair was balding his brown eyes sagged at the corners. He also had the most repulsive smile that sent shivers down my spine.

"I've only been on break for 3 minutes"

"2 minutes too long!" He pounded his fist down on his desk.

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I went to the first table that I saw. Which was a group of men in business suits. All of them were very attractive but yet they seemed very odd.

"Hello, welcome to Joe's my name is Amalia, and I'll be your waitress for tonight. What can I get you?" I said the line without thinking I've said it at least 10,000 times.

"What is a beautiful girl like you doing working at a place like this?" the guy in the grey suit asked.

I smiled "A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do."

"Amalia? Was it? I never heard of such a name." another guy commented.

"Well I'm originally from Puerto Rico I moved to the states when I was 11," I explained.

The guy smiled "That explains the accent and your beautiful curves."

I felt a little uncomfortable it was clear to see that their eyes were beginning to linger.

"Um, thanks...Anything I can get you, gentlemen?" I asked again.

"Water will do." The guy in the grey suit said and everyone else nodded in agreement.

I smiled and made my way to the kitchen.

It was weird that they came to sit down in a restaurant for just water. I also wouldn't expect people like them to eat here it's obvious that they have money so I wonder what they're doing in a dingy restaurant like this.

I poured five cups of water and sat them down on the trey before I made my way back out to the front. A lot of the customers were leaving and soon after these men were done I could also head home myself.

"Here you guys go," I said as I sat the glasses down on the table. They all thanked me and went back to the conversations they were having.

I went around and cleaned up the tables and collected whatever tips were left for me. Since Saturdays were usually our slow days I was the only waitress who worked while everyone else had off. I didn't complain though I needed every single penny that I could get. I worked two jobs. This job was my night job and during the morning I worked at a daycare.

I noticed that the five men had disappeared and I headed over to clean their table. They didn't leave me a tip which I was a little disappointed about.

I hurried and cleaned the table before clocking out and putting on my thick jacket and throwing a pair of sweat pants over the too small skirt. New York nights were always unseasonably cold, especially during winter.

I made my way out into the cold night and began the long journey home. I didn't have a car and frankly, I didn't really need one. I could always catch a cab but I had to use the money I made for my rent so walking will just have to do.