Chapter 14

When I woke up I instantly was met with a pounding in my head. I slowly opened my eyes and found to be in a room filled with people.

The first person's face that came to view was Armani's. He was staring at me nervously while biting on his nails once he saw that my eyes was open he hurried to my side.

"Amalia, how are you feeling?  Don't worry love your safe now."

I tried to talk but my throat was very dry so I closed it.

"Water, water!" Armani snapped his fingers.

That was when I noticed that Leo, Lorenzo, and Sienna were also in the room.

Leo rolled his eyes as he handed Armani the water bottle which he quickly snatched from him.

Armani quickly unscrewed the lid and brought the bottle to my lip. I sat up slightly and began to drink until my thirst was clenched.

Once he moved the bottle from my mouth I could finally talk.

"Where is Elena?" I asked.

They all looked at me as if I had four heads.

"She's in the other room resting. She and the baby is fine." Leo said.

"What happened?" I asked as I gently rubbed my head to soothe the throbbing.

At first everyone was quiet but then Lorenzo broke the silence.

"As you know we are the leaders of the Italian Mafia. Well word has gotten out that Armani has found his soon to be queen and that means the moment he marries you he'll have complete control over the mafia and some people don't want that to happen. Which means you now have a target on your back until you two exchange wedding vows."

"Which is why our wedding will be next week." Armani added.

"What?!" I said as I sat up quickly in the bed and was met with a wave of pain which caused me to lay back down.

"It's the only way to protect you and guarantee your safety."

"Or you could just let me go!" I spat.

Armani gritted his teeth. "It would be pointless. Everyone knows who you are now they'll be after you."

I couldn't believe this was happening I was going to be forced to marry a man I barley knew.

"I refuse to." I said.

"But you will!" Lorenzo snapped. "And if you don't I'll kill you myself!"

I knew he meant it. Which is why I didn't say anything after that.

Sienna placed her hand on Lorenzo to calm him down but he shoved her aside and walked out of the room.

She gave me an apologetic look before she followed him out.

"I'm going to go check on Elena since no one else seems to care about her." Leo said as he walked out of the room.

Armani sat at the edge of my bed. "I'll be having a doctor check up on you within an hour and he'll give you medicine for the pain. I know you're not too excited for the wedding but I am allowing you to go dress shopping with Elena. You should at least be able to have that."

I looked down at my hands and didn't say anything. There was nothing left for me to say.

The choice was out of my hands now.

"Tomorrow we'll be going to my job and you'll be with me for the whole day which I know you won't exactly love but I obviously can't leave you alone." He continued.

"What about Elena?" I asked.

"She'll be staying here to rest. She's been placed on bed rest until further noticed." He stood up and gave me one last look before he walked out the room himself.

Leaving me to cry all alone.

~
Next chapter there will be some new characters introduced and you guys will be seeing a lot more of Leo. Anyways who's excited for the wedding? Going to be a lot of steamy romance coming soon.

Until next time my lovelies ❤️