Chapter 3

"Get away from me!" I yelled as I yanked on the chains.

"There is no use of doing that you'll only hurt yourself." The stranger said in a heavy Italian accent.

I couldn't lie it made my legs weak. What the hell was wrong with me.

"Let me go you bastard!" I yelled.

"Ah. What a dirty mouth you have. Shall we wash it out?"

My stomach flipped at his words.

"Who are you?" I asked.

He smiled at me. "We ask questions later the only thing you need to know right now is that my name is Armani. That is the only thing you are allowed to call me. In a few minutes one of my maids will come in here and unchain you and help you get ready for the important event tonight."

"Event?" I asked.

"Yes. It is time for everyone to see my prize of course. And you ,Amalia, are indeed a prize."

The way my name rolled off his tounge did strange things to my body. I had to clench my legs together.

Armani seemed to notice and moved a little closer to me. "We'll handle that later on tonight." He winked at me and exited the room.

About 10 minutes past before a small petite elderly women walked in. Her fiery hair was pulled into a tight bun and her big blue eyes was framed with long eyelashes. She smiled at me sadly. She looked to be at least 70.

"Hello my name is Mina" she said before walking over to a big closet.

"Please, please unchain me my wrist are killing me." I begged.

She walked back to me with a black dress in her hand.

"I will unchain you, but if you run they will not hesitate to shoot you." She looked at me seriously and it was obvious she wasn't kidding.

I nodded my head and she then came over the unchain me.

I sat up in the bed and rubbed my wrist.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Beverly Hills" Mina said as she walked back to the closet to grab a pair of black pumps.

"Beverly Hills!" I couldn't believe it.

"Yes love, and I hate to break it to you but you won't be leaving any time soon. Mr.Ricci has taken a liking to you."

"You mean Armani?" I asked

She looked at me in shock "He's allowing you to call him by his first name? Wow you must be something special."

"He doesn't even know me." I said.

She shook her head "Mr.Ricci always has a good judgement of character. I'm sure he's right about you. Now undress we only have two hours to get you ready."

"Ready for what exactly?" I asked.

"The dinner party Mr.Ricci is throwing to introduce his new queen to his family. I must warn you his family are heathens they'll chew you up and spit you out if they get the chance so be careful with everything you do darling."

"Thank you, Mina." I said calmly. Her voice reminded me a lot of my mother's.

"So what's you're name?" She asked while she helped me off the bed.

"Amalia."

"What a beautiful name and it sure does suit you. Now Amalia I will be helping you get ready for the dinner so just follow me."

Mina lead me to a bathroom where I was told to shower. It took me longer than what was needed.The warm water felt lovely on my skin.

I even took the time to wash my hair with the vanilla scented shampoo that was there. Once I was finished I brushed my teeth with the new tooth brush and toothpaste that was waiting for me.

Mina knocked on the door "Hurry we only have two hours."

I proceeded to brush my teeth and rinse out my mouth. I looked up in the mirror and I had to admit I was worried. I was still confused about everything that was going on and although it seemed I wasn't in any danger I still wasn't sure if I could trust anything they said.

Mina knocked again and I hurried out of the bathroom.

She sat me down in a chair and began to blowdrying my hair. Once she was finished she pulled out a flat and iron which I stared at with wide eyes. I have never put heat to my hair.

"It'll be fine. I know what I'm doing." Mina said before she proceeded to straighten my hair.

Once she was done that she did my make up and made me change into the black gown.

I had to admit the dress was beyond beautiful and it fit me perfectly. With my hair straighten it fell past my butt and it was a little heavy.

"Can I wear flats please?" I asked Mina. I was not a big fan of heels and I knew they were coming next.

"Flats? No never, if  Armani 's mother was to see  you in flats she would have a heart attack now take these."

She handed me a pair of black pumps and I nearly cried but I proceeded to put the heel on.

It wasn't like anyone would see my feet anyways.

There was a quick tap at the door and my heart sped up. I already knew it was going to be Armani and I don't think I could handle seeing his face right now.

Mina smiled at me before she opened the door.

There stood Armani in all his 6'2 gloriousness. I was floored at how beautiful he was. He was wearing a black suit to match my dress. He smiled at me and mumbled something under his breathe.

Mina looked at me and winked before she made her way out of the room.

"Come Amalia, my family is waiting to meet you." He said in his lovely Italian accent.

My knees almost gave out but I made my way over to him. He placed his hand on the small
Of my bad and guided me down the long hallway. We stopped at the top of the staircase and as I looked down I saw a lot of people with their eyes all on me.

"Famiglia. Vi presento la mia nuova regina!" Armani said.

The crowd exploded with cheers.

I took a deep breath as I felt my social anxiety kick in.

"It's going to be a long night bellissima"

Finally I finished chapter 3! I'm currently working on chapter 4 where you get too meet Armani's family and get to know more about his character. Also please let me know you're thoughts on the book so far. It will eventually pick up speed and romance will be coming very soon. Until next time my lovelies.❤️