Chapter 26

I opened my eyes and sat up lazily rubbing at my droopy eyelids.

"Where am I?" I asked out loud.

"Safe."  A voice said.

I turned my head and found Elena sitting beside me.

Bella was on the other side of the room sitting in a chair. She looked a little bigger but I ignored her and turned back to Elena.

"Safe? Where is Armani?" I asked as I rubbed at my neck where he had stuck the needle at. "What's going on."

I looked around the room and knew that this wasn't Armani's house, everything was plane and white and there were no windows anywhere.

"Where the hell are we?" I asked a little more fiercely .

"If you stop asking questions we could tell you." Bella said as she rose from her chair.

No wonder she looked a little bigger, she was pregnant, but I didn't dwell on that for too long I was far too occupied with trying to figure out where the hell we were.

I crossed my arms and sat up "I'm waiting."

Elena sighed. "As you already know our family is apart of the Italian Mafia. Il tutto potente as they like to call us."

I nodded this information I had already learned Armani had sat me down more than enough times to discuss this all.

"But, the thing is most of our alliances were loyal to our father...not Armani. So you can imagine that after Armani had killed him he angered a lot of people in the process. Which is why we are here right now. There is a war going on between both sides. The ones who were loyal to my fathers and the ones who traded sides to fight with us. If we were to stay we would all be put in danger especially you. You are the main target. So, Armani took us to the safe house until it's all over." She explained.

"But Armani-"

"Armani will be fine." Bella said.

I bite my lip nervously. Elena handed  me a paper. "It's from Armani." she says quietly.

I open it up and began to read it.

Dear Amore,

                      I must first apologize for us having to be apart for so long. This is not what I planned to happen but It must be done to protect you at all cost. I'm not sure how long this whole thing will last but I'm hoping it will be over soon so I can finally have you back in my arms, where you belong. I miss you so dearly already I knew that if I would have told you before hand you would have never went willingly so I had to do it another way. Bella and Elena will keep you company until all this is over please take care of them both we don't need no babies coming too soon. I'm fighting, fighting for you, fighting for us so we can have the life we deserve, I'm sorry amore.

                                                                                                                                 Sincerely, Armani

I wiped away at my tears and turned away to look at Elena. She took me into her amrs.

"I know" She said as she hugged me tightly.

I cried and cried for what felt like hours. This was so unfair why can't I be allowed to happy? Everything bad seems to happen to me no matter how hard I try something always happens to me or the people I love. I must be cursed.

Bella walked over and joined in the hug and patted my back soothingly.

"And you." I sniffed as I wiped away some tears "When were you going to tell me you were pregnant."