Chapter 20

I grabbed onto Armani's arm as I stood behind him and stared at the women in front of me with wide eyes.

"You've grown so big sobrina." She said as wiped away at her eyes at the tears that were now falling.

I couldn't speak I was in complete and utter shock. The women in front of me was my mother's sister. She was a huge part of my childhood she and her four children, my cousins, lived with my parents and I when we had still lived here. The house was overly crowded which is another reason why my parents decide to make the big move to the U.S. I loved my tía Selena dearly but after my parents had died I remembered being on the phone with her and begging for her to take me in.

You left with them and you can stay where they left you.

Were her exact words.

Armani sensed my discomfort and decide to say something. "Who are you?" he asked very rudely.

Selena tilted her head at him. "I'm sorry but who are you?" She challenged.

Armani gritted his teeth and was about to say something but I tugged on his arm. He looked back at me and I shook my head letting him know it was fine. I stepped from behind Armani but kept his hand in mine.

"What do you want tía Selena?" I asked.

Her face dropped slightly from my tone of voice. "I'm just so happy to see you it's been years-"

"You could've seen me sooner if you had chosen to take me in, but you didn't. I was 15 left alone in a place I knew nothing about!" I said.

Armani rubbed his thumb across my hand to try and calm me.

"I'm so sorry Mila-"

"Don't call me that!" Tears sprung in my eyes by the use of my old nickname that I haven't heard in so long.

'"Listen I know you're angery but you have to understand I was hurting-"

"I was hurting too!" I yelled cutting her off.

Armani brought me into his embrace and allowed for me to cry on his chest.

"I think it's best that you go." He said coldly.

I heard her sigh. "Mi- Amalia if you ever want to talk or even just see your family, we still live in the same house. I'm so terribly sorry."

"Go!" Armani barked.

I turned my head to see her face shift from sadness to anger before she silently walked away.

"Can we go back to the hotel?" I asked through tears.

Armani nodded and we started our walk back.

Armani's Pov

Soon as we were settled back into our room Amalia walked off into the bathroom without saying a single word.

Seeing her aunt for the first time in years must have really affected her I'm sure it made her feel unwanted when her family turned their backs on her so many years ago.

I'm glad they did.

It sounds selfish I know but if they didn't Amalia and I would had never crossed paths again and I don't believe in all that extra bullshit but I do think we were brought together for a reason.

She belongs with me.

I heard the shower water began to run and then I decide to call Leo to see how everything is going back home.

"What?"

"Don't fucking what me. Give me an update."

"Ain't shit happening and i'm busy."