∟ 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. ✔️

pilotpart three

pilot
part three

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

ANNA SAT SILENTLY on one of the spinning chairs at the desk filled with computers in the Cortex. She leaned back and kicked her feet up on the desk, pointing her shoes toward her uncle once he shot her a glare for having her shoes near the clean desk. "They're clean, uncle H," she said and clicked her tongue, crossing her arms over her chest.

"It looks like you had a distal radius fracture," Caitlin said and held a tablet up to Barry, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Had?" Barry questioned and looked up at Caitlin for a split second before looking back at the tablet once she swiped her finger across the screen.

"It's healed. In three hours," Caitlin explained.

"How is that even possible?" Barry asked.

Caitlin shrugged her shoulders. "We don't know. Yet," she replied.

"You really need to learn how to stop," Cisco said and walked toward Barry, holding up the helmet with the broken earpiece. "Anna's got that part aced already. Maybe she could give you some pointers," he added and winked at the brown-haired boy.

"What happened out there today?" Harrison asked and wheeled closer to Barry as he inspected his healed hand. "You were moving pretty well and then something caused you to lose focus."

Barry swallowed hard and nodded his head, lifting his eyes to look up at Harrison. "I started remembering something," he said, causing Harrison to raise his eyebrows curiously. The brown-haired boy shifted his eyes to Anna and she offered a small smile before he looked back at Wells. "When I was eleven, my mother was murdered. It was late. The sound woke me up. I came downstairs and... I saw what looked like a ball of lightning," he began and swallowed once more, his eyes darting to Anna for just a second as she frowned. "Inside the lightning... there was a man. He killed my mom. They arrested my dad. He's still sitting in Iron Heights for her murder," he continued and sniffed. "Everyone —the cops, the shrinks— they all told me what I saw was impossible. But what if the man who killed my mom was like me and your niece?"

Anna ran her tongue over her bottom lip and walked toward Barry, placing herself on the bed beside him. She offered him a small smile and rested her hand on his, wrapping her fingers around his palm gently.

"Well, I think I can say unequivocally, you are two of a kind," Harrison said, causing Barry to nod.

Before the awkward silence could set in completely, Anna cleared her throat and stood up, giving Barry's hand a small tug. "Would you like to go get some coffee? I think we both need some caffeine after today," she said and pulled her lip between her teeth, anxiously waiting for an answer.