∟ 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. ✔️

swift returnspart one

swift returns
part one

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

ANNA LIVED IN fear.

It was all the usual happy-go-lucky young adult felt anymore. She barely left her house, and when she did, it was only to go to S.T.A.R Labs for just a few minutes to see her uncle, but she avoided everyone else. Anna couldn't even stomach it long enough to look Barry in the eyes without feeling a sharp jolt of pain through her chest.

Anna hadn't said much to Cisco, Caitlin or Barry the whole time she decided she would be retired—she felt like she betrayed them all; she ran away when things got scary and let them all down—again—just like she had when Danton Black said her mother's name that night and she ran away like a scared little girl.

Anna had lost track of how many days she'd been away from her suit; the one thing that made her feel like she had a purpose. She knew it had to be days, weeks—months, even. The last time she had been in her suit was when she lost consciousness after being punched in the abdomen by the Reverse-Flash—she heard Cisco call him that one day while visiting S.T.A.R Labs and referred to him as that whenever her thoughts moved from semi-good ones to terrifying ones that involved the man in yellow with glowing red eyes.

At first, the brunette was intrigued to know that there was another metahuman like her and Barry, but then she met the bastard.

The Man in Yellow—Reverse-Flash—was nothing to be intrigued by—terrified was a better word for how you should feel when talking about the infamous man in the yellow suit, not intrigued. The Reverse-Flash was nightmare fuel and his face, his voice, and his glowing red eyes kept Anna up most nights; the sleepless nights when every time she closed her eyes, she saw him behind her eyelids, taunting her and laughing at her.

People had started noticing the absence of Swift. Whenever the Flash took on a new meta and there was an article written online about it, Swift's absence was always mentioned at the end of the article. It was always something degrading, something like "was Swift ever the real hero that Central City needed?" or "with the absence of Swift, it really shows we have to be more careful about who we trust with our city."

The people of Central City were starting to hate Swift because of her disappearance and it seemed like no one realized that a normal girl with a heart and feelings hid behind that mask that made her seem so brave.

"Knock, knock," Shannon called out softly from the other side of Anna's bedroom door. The doorknob slowly turned and then the door was pushed open, allowing Shannon to walk in. "Hey, you," she greeted and shut the door, strolling over to Anna's bed and sitting down beside her. "Do you need to talk?"