∟ 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. ✔️

the man in the yellow suitpart two

part two

ANNA SWUNG A fist at the punching bag in front of her, her knuckles slamming against the bag. She grabbed the swinging bag in her two hands and steadied it, glancing over at Shannon who was still throwing punches at the punching bag hanging in front of her. "You're awfully slow, Shan," the brunette teased and propped her hands up on her hips as she turned to face her friend.

Shannon threw one final punch at the bag and then steadied it just like Anna had. "Well, you cheated," she forced out between pants. She ran her arm across her forehead and then bent down, propping her hands on her knees. "Holy crap, how are you not winded? Oh, wait! You cheated," she snapped and sat down on the floor, leaning back until she was laying down.

Anna let out a laugh and walked toward Shannon, hovering her head over her friend as she looked down. "You're just mad because I beat you," Anna said and sat down on the floor of the empty gym, planting her hands on her thighs. She looked around the empty room and sighed, her lips rubbing together nervously.

For as long as they'd been together, Anna wanted to tell Joel about who she really was: Swift. But she always came up with a reason not to tell him. It was always something along the lines of "the villains could use him against me," or something similar. But, the one thing that actually convinced Anna to not tell Joel was the fact that Barry hadn't told Iris West, who was his best friend. If Barry hadn't told Iris yet, Anna wasn't going to tell Joel anytime soon.

"Do you think I should tell Joel about me?" Anna questioned and looked over at Shannon, resting her cheek on her own shoulder. "I mean, I trust the guy and everything, but I just need another opinion."

Shannon sighed and sat up, shrugging her shoulders as she met Anna's brown eyes. "That's a choice you have to make for yourself, Anna. No one can tell you what you should or shouldn't do with your secret identity—only you can. If you want to tell your boyfriend that you're the fastest woman alive, then go ahead, but if you really want my opinion, then here it is," she paused and ran her tongue over her lips, scooting closer to her best friend. "I wouldn't. Sure, you trust the guy, but how can you be sure that he'll take news like that lightly? It's a big thing, learning that your girlfriend can run faster than the speed of light, so just try to think about how he would react."

Anna opened her mouth to respond but her phone began ringing loudly from the small pocket on her workout leggings. She groaned and unzipped the pocket, yanking her phone out quickly. "Hello?" She said once she answered the call and put it on speakerphone.