∟ 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. ✔️

versus zoompart one

versus zoom
part one

IT WAS JUST that easy, wasn't it? It was that easy for someone you trust to turn around and stab you in the back; use you until they were done. Jay Garrick was supposed to be dead, he was supposed to have died that night when they closed the last breach, but he had screwed them all over. He played them all for sport—for fun—and got away with it up until now.

Anna paced back and forth her living room, her fingers tangled in her hair as tears streamed down over her face. She trusted Jay, she liked him, considered him part of the team, and he had been playing her the whole time; teaching her to be faster, stronger, better, just so he could steal it all from her. She was nothing but a pawn to Zoom —to Jay— and he would kill her when he was done playing.

The apartment door opened up and then shut again, the faint sound of shoes scuffing her welcome mat flooded her ears. "Hey, Anna, we—" Barry began, but quickly stopped once he saw the face of the girl he loved, tears coating her cheeks. "Hey. Hey, what's wrong?" He asked and bolted toward her, skidding to a stop in front of her. He took her hands out of her hair slowly, untangling her hair from around her fingers carefully. "Talk to me, Anna."

"He played us. He played me," she whispered and rested her forehead against Barry's chest, feeling numb and hollow. "I trusted him with my life. He was part of our team, Barry, and he screwed us all."

"He's done messing with us, Anna. He won't be able to do that anymore. We'll find him, and we'll—"

"Kill him. We'll kill him, Barry," Anna stated and leaned away from her boyfriend, the tears disappearing from her eyes as her sadness was replaced with anger. "That's what he deserves. Zoom deserves to die. Jay deserves to die."

HOW ANNA FELT even after a week of knowing that Jay was Zoom stayed the same—she wanted him dead

HOW ANNA FELT even after a week of knowing that Jay was Zoom stayed the same—she wanted him dead. She wanted to kill him, wanted him to take his last breath because of her. She wasn't going to let him kill her, not when he had done so much. It was never the plan to let Zoom kill her, but now she was going to fight a hell of a lot harder to stay alive and hopefully take his life instead.