∟ 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. ✔️

the man in the yellow suitpart three

part three

THE BRUNETTE LEANED up against the inside of the curved desk between Barry and Cisco, her arms folded over her chest as she looked down at the computer to her immediate right that displayed live footage of the basement where the trap had been set for the man in yellow.

A sick feeling had been bubbling in her stomach, eating away at her insides, ever since she learned about Barry's brawl with the man who had killed his mother, and she couldn't shake it no matter how hard she tried. She wasn't upset that he hadn't called her, not anymore, especially when she could see the pained expression on his face. They both knew that he had lost the fight against the infamous man in yellow, and there was no point for her to try to make him feel better when she was just as broken as he was already.

Anna wanted to be there for her friend—one of her best friends—but she didn't know how to be. He was angry, she could tell, and she didn't want to make that worse. She knew, inevitably, that if she even tried to help the boy out, that she would get yelled at or snapped at, even if he didn't mean to, and it would hurt a ton more. It would hurt more than anything from the boy who she used to have a crush on who was also her crime-fighting partner and one of her best friends.

Anna could tell by the way Barry had been furrowing and unfurrowing his eyebrows that he wanted to talk; that he wanted someone to understand, but no one could ever imagine running at the speed of light with the man who killed your mother.

Anna knew that expression because she was wearing a similar one, but her brow furrowing was partnered with her teeth nibbling on the inside corner of her lips.

The brunette didn't want to hear comforting words from anyone else's mouth right now besides Barry Allen—but she couldn't talk to him when he was in such an angry, upset state. Even if he wouldn't say much but would just listen closely to the girl's words as she spoke quickly and quietly about how she had gotten her heart shattered and broke someone else's, too.

Anna and Joel's relationship had been perfect from the minute they met right up until he found out that she was Swift. At that moment, everything fell apart and whatever good they had no longer existed. They had both yelled at each other, said things that were a little too harsh, and everything good that they had, had shattered like a glass being dropped on the floor because of slippery hands that couldn't hold on—Anna and Joel were the slippery hands, and their relationship was the glass.

"The tachyon device is in place," Cisco spoke up, forcing Anna out of her long train of thought that had brought a pool of tears to her eyes. He looked to his right at Barry and Anna, nodding his head curtly at both of them.